No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were they waiting for the last FBI and CIA agents who dropped the ball back in 1963 to shuffle off this mortal coil or something?

Comment

More or less.

The release was scheduled for 25 years after the relevant legislation was passed.

And even now, the CIA has convinced 45 that they need an additional six months to review the remaining material in order to ensure that sources and methods from the 50s and early 60s remain protected.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
        If it's under seal, at what point do we learn who the indictees are? When they get arrested?

Are we just assuming that it's Flynn and Manafort?
        I am not and have never been in the pay of the Russian state.

They couldn't procure me a game used Tretiak sweater.

Comment

just what is the point of this bullshit

Comment

Distraction.

Comment

As we are a day away from the first charge being brought in Mueller's investigation, Trump and Fox News are incessantly talking about the need to arrest Hillary.

Comment

It's quite exciting, isn't it? If I wasn't working tomorrow I might be glued to the telly.

Comment

Nukes have always seemed to be penis substitutes so their pointless expansion would be the least surprising Trump gambit.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                    Distraction.
                    That should be tattooed on Mr C*nt's forehead.

*Apologies. I am going to try to stop swearing as much. No-one will notice.
                    Last edited by Gerontophile; 29-10-2017, 18:17.

Comment

Oh yeah: I was in a bar on Friday, and there was this huge newsflash, and the news came up on about ... whatever people being named. I was getting a little excited, and some queen in the corner suggested that I should probably relax as EVERY thing is a fucking* newsflash on MSNBC.

*not going well so far

Comment

NY Times reporting that Manafort and an associate have been told to turn themselves in.

Comment

Manafort has now turned himself in.

Comment

Here's the Indictment

Conspiracy, Money Laundering, and a host of False Statements

Comment

Nothing that directly connects to the Trump campaign, though. Infact it's all Ukraine not Russia.

Comment

Blimey. They're not holding back, are they?

Comment

That's pretty standard procedure in this type of case.

Comment

White house press conferences are becoming increasingly frightening. Sean Spicer he simply couldn't hide that he was talking obvious nonsense. You could see him wondering about the long chain of bad decisions that lead him to this point in his life.

Sarah Huckabee sanders on the other hand comes across like she'd strangle an entire busload of pensioners if asked. The way she lies with that bored cold certainty is fucking terrifying.

Comment

So, there's nothing Trump related with Manafort yet? But Manafort is in a massive pile of trouble.

I assume this is all to use as leverage with Manafort to see if he has anything on Trump?

In any normal, sane world, Trump would be in trouble because people would ask him why he employed someone so obviously utterly corrupt, and in the pay of pro-Russian forces while breaking the law and therefore massively susceptible to blackmail.

But this is the new Trump paradigm, where Trump doesn't actually have to answer for anything. Where nothing means anything in US politics, and he'll just carry on tweeting exceptionally weird bullshit and the public won't notice.

Comment

Papadopoulos pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI in October. Relevant lies were in January.

L

Comment

Until reading that indictment, I always thought the fact that I had to submit an FBAR every year was silly and wasteful. Now it actually makes sense.

Comment

Trump tweets out a picture of himself and a bunch of folk round a table, including Papadopolous.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                              Here's the Indictment

Conspiracy, Money Laundering, and a host of False Statements
                                              It is difficult to see how he is going to wriggle his way out of that one. The Indictment seems pretty thorough.

Comment

He might just get a pardon.

Comment

Presumably, Manafort can wriggle out of this by dishing dirt on Trump himself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                    He might just get a pardon.
                                                    Supposedly that's not gonna help Manafort one bit, since the NY Attorney General is working with Mueller and presidents can't pardon state crimes.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X