No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching Debra Messing cooing over Spicer made me hope Sarandon was drinking iced tea like my man Kermit the Frog.

Comment

What, other than moderation, could possibly harm someone in an Alabama Republican primary in the era of Trump?

Comment

Atheism?

Comment

After being sacked for a prima facie violation of the Constitution, no less.

Pretty much any consensus OTF view (including affection for the sport) would hurt a Republican primary candidate in Alabama.

Comment

McCain is teasing both sides with this new repeal gambit like he did the last one. Giving power to the states seems even worse than the previous plan because vulnerable people in Florida, for example, will be at the mercy of vultures like Rick Scott. Gender Healthcare will also be hammered in conservative states.

Comment

This is a pretty good analysis of how spectacularly terrible Graham-Cassidy is.

Comment

Summary of Trump at UN: Make the United Nations Great Again

Comment

Have we done the Trump lawyers chatting to loudly in a DC restaurant next to a NY Times journalist? [spoiler]the results are less explosive than you might hope[/spoiler]

Comment

21:31 last night

Comment

Mueller ain't playing

WASHINGTON — Paul J. Manafort was in bed early one morning in July when federal agents bearing a search warrant picked the lock on his front door and raided his Virginia home. They took binders stuffed with documents and copied his computer files, looking for evidence that Mr. Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman, set up secret offshore bank accounts. They even photographed the expensive suits in his closet.

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, then followed the house search with a warning: His prosecutors told Mr. Manafort they planned to indict him, said two people close to the investigation.

Comment

Ah, I didn't realise that was from the same story. By the way, time stamp doesn't work very well for IDing posts as the site apparently corrects for timezone (so that post was at 02.31 for me)

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                          Have we done the Trump lawyers chatting to loudly in a DC restaurant next to a NY Times journalist? [spoiler]the results are less explosive than you might hope[/spoiler]
                          John Dowd meeting with Ty Cobb isn't explosive? Pete Rose has been all over the news shouting conspiracy. The Hit King is innocent!

Comment

I meant they didn't blurt out a Kremlin codename for Agent Trump or similar.

Comment

By the way, time stamp doesn't work very well for IDing posts as the site apparently corrects for timezone (so that post was at 02.31 for me)
                              Thanks, I hadn't realised that. Page references also don't always work, given our new ability to modify the number of posts on a page.

They may not have blurted out code names, but it is hard to describe just how serious a breach of practice and ethics that sort of blabbing in public (at a sidewalk cafe with Maggie Haberman walking by, no less).

Comment

"In my more than 30 years at the UN, I have never heard such a brave and clear speech. President Trump told the truth about the world’s lurking dangers, and called for them to be addressed with fortitude, to ensure the future of humanity."

Ooh guess which world leader said that.

Comment

I guessed, and I was right.

Comment

The English was too fluent for Vladimir, and May is still hiding out.

Comment

The only reason I knew it wasn't May was the 30-year reference.

Comment

How the fuck did trump talk for forty minutes?

Comment

This kind of make's Leave's £350m bullshit look innocuous.
                                          Officials at the Department of Health and Human services originally drafted a report that included the finding that refugees brought in more government revenue than they took in benefits between 2005 and 2014, via their contribution of federal, state and local taxes. According to the Times, the report “estimated that the net fiscal impact of refugees was positive over the 10-year period, at $63 billion.”

But based on a March executive order that instructed HHS to consider only “the estimated long-term costs of the United States Refugee Admissions Program at the Federal, State, and local levels,” that initial report eventually was replaced with one that left out all revenue generated by refugees, according to the Times.

White House spokesperson Raj Shah told the paper that the report Trump requested in his executive order “shows that refugees with few skills coming from war-torn countries take more government benefits from the Department of Health and Human Services than the average population, and are not a net benefit to the U.S. economy.”
                                          So, suppress the only data that could possibly show a net benefit, and then say the report proves there's no net benefit. That's some high grade bullshit right there.

Comment

ursus, yeah, I got that for the lawyers it was just about as bad as it could be. But frankly, I could give a shit about them. I was hoping for something devastating for Trump personally.

Comment

I've come to understand that no such thing exists.

The truest thing he has ever said is that he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue in broad daylight and it wouldn't matter to his support.

Comment

Originally posted by antoine polus View Post
                                                "In my more than 30 years at the UN, I have never heard such a brave and clear speech. President Trump told the truth about the world’s lurking dangers, and called for them to be addressed with fortitude, to ensure the future of humanity."

Ooh guess which world leader said that.
                                                At least it's upset the antisemites like David Duke et al. But Trump clearly didn't write that speech so I don't think it deserves much analysis for nuances that he probably doesn't understand.

The most comedic moment was probably the praise for Saudi Arabia, in a speech about anti-terrorism and democracy, neither of which the Saudis practice (and regarding both of which they often do the opposite). OTOH that same doublespeak would have appeared in a speech by HR Clinton or GW Bush, so it can't be pinned on Trump exclusively (it's simply more financially and transactionally craven in his case).

Aside: I'm surprised none of the board pedants, including me, pulled up Ursus on "21.31 last night." Is there such a thing as 21.59 in the morning?

Comment

21.31 last night as opposed to 21.31 four or five days ago?

Comment

Quite

Comment

Working...
                                                    X