No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, but Chait takes the Aussie explanation at face value for his piece on Trump. I don't believe at all that Trump was being sarcastic in this exchange, but on this particular case he has perceived something to be what it really is, whilst the journalist who is scorning him for his idiocy is showing the more limited understanding. And taking it that way put Turnbull on difficult ground. Completely accidentally of course, seeing as Trump would be, is, entirely supportive of such a policy.

Comment

Some epic trolling:

Comment

I'm drinking a Diet Coke at the moment - that's kind of taking the enjoyment out of it.

Comment

I've been eating cheetos recently. It remains as pleasurable as ever. There's a trend in San Diego to start putting flaming hot cheetos into burritos. And it's delicious. It's a riff on San Diego's "traditional" California Burrito, which uses french fries instead of rice and beans. Now we're getting cheetos instead of fries and they retain their crunch better...

Comment

Trump's hands are way too large in the photo.

Comment

They used Joey Tribbiani's.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                This guy is a coal magnate who sold his coal company to a Russian company for $436 million (plus a shedload of stock options) in 2009, and bought it back from them in 2015 for $6 million.

Nothing at all untoward there.

*Although, to be fair, the price of coal slumped in that period.
                I'd say buying back a coal company shows he's a fucking moron.

Comment

I'm guessing that the tax incentives from whichever state (Kentucky, I think), will more than make up for any outlay.

Comment

No doubt being Governor presents certain synergies in that respect

Comment

And $6m is bank charges to these people. A rounding error.

Comment

Particularly if you live in a state that's not going to make the business owners pay for any of the clean-up costs after they take all the dividends out of the company and then have it declare bankruptcy once the mines are empty.

Comment

Meanwhile, on his Twitter feed ... it's amazing to see how a lot of his supporters picture him. There are countless pictures of him looking 20 years younger, 60lb lighter and muscular, doing heroic things, and many assertions that he was sent by God to govern. What sort of a fucked-up God ... as many reply.

One can understand his supporters wanting to cling on to the idea that he's a well-meaning, straight-shootin' kinda guy, but seeing him as a divinely-blessed good-looking hero is a bit of stretch.

Comment

Have you seen American evangelism? There are thousands of them who are just begging for it to kick off in the Middle East so that they can nuke the planet and ascend.

The Rapture Ready boards make the chans seem sane.

Comment

That is in fact the core reason for their rabid support of the worst people in Israel

Comment

Was it just that I saw an unflattering cut of his speech, or did that Trump rally in West Virginia look a bit flat?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                                  We haven't seen much of them lately. Not as much as during the Bush family values heyday. The Lord works in mysterious ways though.
                                  That puzzles me because as far as I could see Trump was the only non evangelical candidate for the Republicans. I thought Most of them ( including the Vice President) are creationists.

Comment

Don't worry, they're still around. Waiting for the supreme court challenges on religious freedom to withhold services if it's against your religion.

Then, unleash hell.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                      I've been eating cheetos recently. It remains as pleasurable as ever. There's a trend in San Diego to start putting flaming hot cheetos into burritos. And it's delicious. It's a riff on San Diego's "traditional" California Burrito, which uses french fries instead of rice and beans. Now we're getting cheetos instead of fries and they retain their crunch better...
                                      I'd think that San Diego would be using Takis instead of Flaming Hot Cheetos in burritos, but I suppose that Takis might be a little too crunchy as a burrito filler.

Comment

My feeling is that Takis would be too "authentic". I've always felt that the point of the California Burrito is that it should be deliberately inauthentic while also being delicious. (Cheetos definitely help, because most Mexican places round here make their fries a little too soft, which works OK for carne asada fries, but not for a burrito).

As for the religious nutters - you hear less from them because they don't need to work nearly as hard. They already control the Republican Party - and many Republicans genuinely believe that the Rapture is (a) going to happen soon - which is always the weirdest of the many super-weird aspects of millenarialism; and (b) going to happen when Israel stretches from the Mediterranean to the Euphrates, and the enemies of Israel have been vanquished.

Comment

Which they also use to "explain" why there is no reason to be concerned about Climate Change, as the world will end before it becomes serious.

We have some real winners over here, folks.

Comment

Ah, and who can forget the evangelical news website that implemented a server script to automatically change all instances of the word 'gay' to 'homosexual'.

Comment

Great news for fans of fake-smiling political ad campaigns: Dean Heller has a Republican opponent for the 2018 Senate race: I give you the 5-time loser, Danny Tarkanian.

(Heller is on the right. Ha!)

Comment

TFW you threaten nuclear war against North Korea

Comment

Dennis Rodman would be a better president.

Comment

In order to maintain a semblance of sanity, I need to believe that the US military wouldn't execute a launch order in this spirit.

The senior officers in the chain have to have discussed this by now.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X