Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump's Card

Spicer has already walked back the 20% "import tax", now claiming that it was "only one possible way" to pay for the wall.

Comment

Trump's Card

I give Spicer two more weeks before he is fired, quits, or gets appointed to a different position.

Comment

Trump's Card

They may also just abandon daily briefings.

Comment

Trump's Card

Buzzfeed is publishing a running list of Trump's porkies.

Jan 21: The inaugural crowd “looked honestly like a million and a half people” adding that “it went all the way back to the Washington Monument.”

Jan 23: Sources confirmed to multiple media outlets that Trump spent at least 10 minutes of his meeting with congressional leaders talking about how three to five million “illegals” voted in the election, costing him the popular vote.

Jan 25: “You have people who are registered who are dead, who are illegals, who are in two states,” Trump told ABC’s David Muir. “You have people registered in two states. You have people registered in New York and New Jersey. They vote twice.”

Jan 26: “The president of Mexico and myself have agreed to cancel our planned meeting scheduled for next week,” Trump said at the GOP retreat in Philadelphia. “Unless Mexico is going to treat the United States fairly, with respect such a meeting would be fruitless and I want to go a different route.”

Jan 26: At the GOP retreat Trump said that Philadelphia’s murder rate is “steady, I mean just terribly increasing.”

Not bad. And his first week in office isn't even over yet.

Comment

Trump's Card

Among those confirmed to be registered in two states as of today:
            Bannon, Kushner, Priebus, Mnuchin, and Tiffany Trump

Comment

Trump's Card

Trump senior staff are using their private e-mail accounts for official White House business.

Lock 'em up!

Comment

Trump's Card

Trump knows you

This is pretty scary, and could explain a lot towards Trump and Brexit.

edit: woops, I'm an idiot and forgot I saw this from NHH in the Corbyn thread.

Still, absolutely worth discussing here.

Comment

Trump's Card

That's very interesting.

Comment

Trump's Card

Comment

Trump's Card

Hot Pepsi wrote: Exactly. And whatshisfuck got up there and said a 20% tax on $50b in trade would yield $10b in revenue. As if there's no such thing as price elasticity.

Ironically, it's usually the Republicans who always point out that taxes reduce sales and harm consumers.
                      Same over here. One Tory backbencher said "bring on tariffs with the EU, we'll make loads out of them".

Admittedly he's not as far up the pecking order as Trump.

Comment

Trump's Card

I've seen another version of that pop up online in the last couple of days and I'm a tad confused, as Bloomberg had basically the same story before the election, though its spin was more what the team would do with the data/infrastructure when Trump lost.

Comment

Trump's Card

Safe to say that boarding Marine One is not forgiving to Trump's hair.

Comment

Trump's Card

My dear, your tiny hand is 'shopped.

(Second tweet in that thread)

Comment

Trump's Card

That is some disgusting, hideously complicated and doubtlessly Yugely expensive comb-over. As if Jackie Healy-Rae was unshackled from his One of Us sticking it to that Dublin Kerryman politician mask and allowed to wear his Gombeen corruption and venality on his fat head.

Gero was thinking him a syphilitic case pages back, and the exposed scalp does look nicely like the horrible cup a soup spew inducing pictures of tertiary hair-loss symptoms in medical textbooks that my on-off winch left around the place in Uni (she was a med student rather than some random sick bastard).

Fucking Gary Gibbon and Krishnan Guru-Murthy saying Theresa has "tamed" Trump cos he didn't shit through his mouth during a 15 minute photo op. Channel 4 news can be well cunty when John Snow is taking the day off.

Comment

Trump's Card

Watching The Daily Show last night, and Laurence Fishburne was the guest.

He calls Trump '45', and won't use his name. I think this is a great idea. If enough tweets get to him with that name on it, he will blow a gasket.

Comment

Trump's Card

Hannity just asked Trump about the possibility of Democrats fillibustering his choice for the Obama Supreme Court appointment. His answer: "These people are obstructionists" and "why do they delay, why do they do that?" Hannity of course didn't call him out.

Also, Apparently he already cut "many many hundreds millions of dollars" off the price of a particular military aircraft project.

Now he's back complaining about the journalists telling lies about the MLK bust. About his time at the CIA: "I gave a speech. It was a 10. You wouldn't believe it."

edit: "The media are liars. I had the largest audience in the history of inaugurations." "They are so demeaning, they are so dishonest. And in many ways not smart." And Hannity: "I don't remember them treating Obama in that way." Looks like Fox has gotten over the Trump election pretty quickly.

Comment

Trump's Card

Americans, did you notice a journo from the BBC ask Trump a tough question?

She doesn't always do that with leaders.

Comment

Trump's Card

Also, Apparently he already cut "many many hundreds millions of dollars" off the price of a particular military aircraft project.
                                      Ha ha.

He's a decent bet to add hundreds of million dollars to it by leaning over their shoulders and saying "why don't you just make it do that?"

It's going to be like IDS with Universal Credit, times about 1000.

Comment

Trump's Card

Gerontophile wrote: My dear, your tiny hand is 'shopped.

(Second tweet in that thread)
                                        They look the same size to me. And as someone pointed out in a reply, it's not the same photo anyway. Also the follow-up tweet 'for the skeptics' links to a tweet that's since been deleted.

The thing I find funniest about the 'tiny hands' thing is that although it was never even pretending to be actually true, he actually does seem to have quite, shall we say delicate hands for such a heavy-set man.

Comment

Trump's Card

What gets me is the way he keeps on repeatedly doing that 'OK'-type gesture to emphasise points while he's talking, with hand raised at shoulder level, thumb and first-fingertip pinched together and other fingers curled upwards, which really draws attention to that 'delicacy'. For someone who's apparently so sensitive about the manliness or otherwise of his hands, you'd think he'd learn to keep them out of camera-shot a bit more.

Comment

Trump's Card

Hahahahahahaha

Comment

Trump's Card

So, on Holocaust Remembrance Day, Trump signs his Executive Order suspending the Refugee Admissions Program for 120 days, and indefinitely suspends admission of any refugees from Syria, saying that "the entry of nationals of Syria as refugees is detrimental to the interests of the United States."

Trump gave an interview to the Christian Broadcasting Network in which he said that Christian refugees need to be prioritized, and that it was easier for Muslim Syrians to get into the US than it was for Christian Syrians. The executive order states that when the program is resumed, claims of religious persecution due to belonging to a minority religion will be prioritized, presumably as a way to bring in more Christians from the Middle East.

Comment

Trump's Card

hobbes wrote: Hahahahahahaha
                                                That site also happily led me to this, while I feel I really should share here as I nearly ruptured something laughing at it just now:[video size=60] [/video]

Comment

Trump's Card

Hot Pepsi wrote:
                                                  Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs
                                                  Originally posted by Hot Pepsi
                                                  We might find that people don't make that connection and blame government environmental regulation or Obama or some other bullshit when everything costs more.

After all, the people in West Virginia, etc don't seem to care or understand that everything at WalMart is currently cheap because it's made by foreigners, so they won't notice or care if that disappears.
                                                  Is the protectionism happening properly? Or is it going to be a media operation concentrating on a few places allegedly talked out of moving to Mexico, possibly with tax freebies?
                                                  We'll see
                                                  The supply chains of most US making-stuff companies are so byzantine that it will be impossible to unravel without huge losses for all concerned. I assume Trump knows this, so will do loads of small watch-me-dive-mum deals to keep the base salivating.

Comment

Trump's Card

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
                                                    Ha ha.

He's a decent bet to add hundreds of million dollars to it by leaning over their shoulders and saying "why don't you just make it do that?"
                                                    indeed

Comment

Working...
                                                    X