Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pence has lawyered up

Comment

Can't access their odds from here, but I would think they should at least be 3 or 4 to 1 against him doing so.

Comment

I can see how you get there

though I still don't agree

Comment

In other 45 news, notwithstanding the current news from London that might suggest that housing policy is a really important and life-and-death issue, he has decided to appoint a wedding planner to the job http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...=NYDailyNewsTw

Comment

Gingrich is also claiming that the President cannot commit Obstruction of Justice notwithstanding the fact that he was Speaker when the House impeached Clinton for just that "high crime or misdemeanor"

Comment

I'm sure John McCain will soon be showing his disgust while doing nothing about anything, the maverick that he is.

Comment

Michael Cohen (Trump's in-house deal lawyer and a frequent television surrogate) and Michael Caputo (former Trump campaign communications official) have joined the list of those who have lawyered up.

Comment

Originally posted by antoine polus View Post
                  I'm sure John McCain will soon be showing his disgust while doing nothing about anything, the maverick that he is.
                  Even better, he's been sniping at Kamala Harris for having the temerity to ask witnesses to answer her questions.

Comment

Trump hasn't mentioned the UK in the last week to ten days. Nothing about the election, nothing about the fire, nothing. Before that he was standing firm with us over terrorist attacks.

It's almost as though he's in a massive sulk because he threatened not to come and everyone said "good".

Comment

Has the CiC made any comment on the loss of seven servicemen on board USS Fitzgerald yet?

Messages of condolence to family and colleagues, thanks for their commitment to country, that kind of thing?

Comment

I haven't seen any Tweets about it.

In fact, until 11 tonight, I hadn't seen any news about it. It's Saturday though, so it's been baseball all day on TV..

Comment

Apparently there is something like 200 senior positions at the Department of State that are still vacant.

Comment

Including Ambassador to Japan. And I think Secretary of State for the Navy.

Comment

He only appointed a Canadian ambassador last week.

Comment

There isn't a UK one yet is there?

Comment

I gather this Sekulow character had his arse handed to him by Fox News, and produced some interesting civics.

Comment

Was he the bloke who reckoned the Attorney General was Trump's personal lawyer?

Comment

No, that was Mike Huckabee

Like Huckabee, Sekulow has a regular show on wingnut radio

Comment

This is fine

Political data gathered on more than 198 million US citizens was exposed this month after a marketing firm contracted by the Republican National Committee stored internal documents on a publicly accessible Amazon server.

The data leak contains a wealth of personal information on roughly 61 percent of the US population. Along with home addresses, birthdates, and phone numbers, the records include advanced sentiment analyses used by political groups to predict where individual voters fall on hot-button issues such as gun ownership, stem cell research, and the right to abortion, as well as suspected religious affiliation and ethnicity. The data was amassed from a variety of sources—from the banned subreddit r/fatpeoplehate to American Crossroads, the super PAC co-founded by former White House strategist Karl Rove.

Deep Root Analytics, a conservative data firm that identifies audiences for political ads, confirmed ownership of the data to Gizmodo on Friday.

Comment

So now we know what Melania's real smile is like.

Comment

*LIKE*

This may or may not be relevant, but OJ Simpson is up for a parole hearing on July 20th.

If, and it's a huge if, he gets released, the resulting circus would be a massive diversion for the Republicans to sneak a few pieces of shit through Congress. All assuming that Trump plays up to it. By inviting OJ to the White House.

It's a thought. (It's also not going to happen.)

Comment

Trump tweets he hasn't got any tapes of Comey.

Comment

Utter circus. Nobody is allowed to broadcast Sarah Huckerby-Sanders' press conference live, but they can record audio and broadcast later.

Got to be near to boycott stage, hasn't it?

Comment

I don't know if this has been posted before (long thread) but I enjoyed Time magazine's visit to the White House for dinner with the Pres. It reveals more about Trump than any congressional hearing. His TV watching habits are as blinkered and narcissistic as you'd expect, but the real story is the Ice Cream Scoop Shock. All his guests at the table get one scoop, but only one man gets the privilege of two.

You can imagine his advisers whispering "Mr President, that may not look good in print, how about we offer everyone else a second scoop too?"

"Who's president? WHO'S FREAKING PRESIDENT?".

http://time.com/donald-trump-after-hours/

Comment

Working...
                                                  X