Page 426 of 426 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426
Results 10,626 to 10,638 of 10638

Thread: Trump's Card

Teams
    Oxford United
    Biscuit
    Petit Ecolier (milk chocolate)
    They're in a bit of a hole, here, though. Because they really wanted someone who didn't have a dodgy record with women, given that he's going to vote to strip women of basic rights. The optics are really, really unpleasant and they were trying to avoid it.

They can't stop the nomination, because the base really thinks that "Me Too Has Gone Too Far", so pulling the nomination would be giving in to the Libtards and would drive the base into a frenzy.

Also, of course, Kavanaugh is literally the most executive power friendly justice they could imagine - which means Trump is never going to let anyone else take the nomination, to make sure he's protected in the future.

So, they're now stuck with Kavanaugh and Thomas taking away womens rights, and no matter how they try and spin it, it's going to be a terrible look for the people who confirmed him.

Couple of "establishment Republicans" (an ex-US senator and ex-governor) in Kansas are backing Kobach's opponent.

Teams
    Oxford United
    Biscuit
    Petit Ecolier (milk chocolate)
    That's hilarious

Teams
    UCLA, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy
    Biscuit
    Trader Joe's Maple Leaf cookies

If you can't say anything nice...
    Teams
    Barnsley
    Biscuit
    Club
    Actor
    Peter Lorre
    There are going to be 60s levels of civil disobedience if the SCOTUS rolls back women's rights. OTOH is has already gutted the Voting Rights Act with less blowback (so far) than I would have predicted.

I wish that was the case, but have no reason to believe that it is.

I've long assumed that the only way to get to 60s levels of civil disobedience would be to reinstate the draft during a land war.

As have I

Teams
    Exeter City
    Biscuit
    Takes
    Comparisons are inevitably being made with the Thomas/Hill hearings, and various media (including the WaPo) are reminding us of Thomas' famous line about "a high tech lynching for an uppity black".

But that's not what he said. They really shouldn't use quotation marks for avoiding an offensive word. Asterisks can do the job. It may be well intended, but it's getting history wrong, and only feeds the false memory that once upon a time things were just fine because everyone was civil.

Teams
    Exeter City
    Biscuit
    Takes
    Actually I've just checked the footage on YouTube and I'm wrong. He did say "uppity blacks" at the hearings. So my own memory was false. Apologies.

He said the n-word on a different occasion.

Biscuit
    tulskiy pryaniki
    I once saw a "No Horseplay" sign at a swimming pool in Texas, so I assume that the term has some legal significance in the United States.

Wonder what other gradations of horseplay that might exist.

Teams
    Sheffield Wednesday, FK Csikszereda Women's U18 team, AFC Csiki Monkeys
    Biscuit
    Ginger nuts
    This is good, though it has a baffling headline which bears no relation to the content of the article

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/17/o...gn-policy.html