X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1040220855400386560

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...20855400386560

Comment

Is the NYDN a Tronc paper, or whatever they call themselves these days? All the Tronc sites are geoblocked for EU users.

Comment

You betcha

Comment

LA Times is no longer Tronc, but I think that it's still blocked for EU users.

Comment

The phrase "really large numbers" reminds me of something a kid would say when asked, for example, how old his granny was: "Oh really old, I think at least 27."

Comment

Just found out that outside of the southern part of the state, New Yorkers only have the hours between 12 noon-9pm to vote in their state primary today. New York's voting laws are an outrage.

Also seeing a lot of tweets from people who were "accidentally" not on the voter rolls at their usual precincts...

https://twitter.com/theseantcollins/...71488178429952

https://twitter.com/theseantcollins/status/1040271488178429952
              Last edited by Incandenza; 13-09-2018, 16:31.

Comment

Pretty much every aspect of New York politics is an outrage.

Anecdotally, turnout so far has been very high for a primary, particularly in Brooklyn.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  Pretty much every aspect of New York politics is an outrage.

Anecdotally, turnout so far has been very high for a primary, particularly in Brooklyn.
                  Can only be good news. Doubt many outside the Schumer family will turn out for Cuomo.

Comment

Bruno it might have been fun before they laid off half the newsroom

Spoony, Cuomo is going to win in a walk upstate; don't be misled by what is going on in the more woke precincts down here.

Comment

Bollocks. Again, fuckin culchies man.

Comment

Poll the other day had Cuomo winning by more in NYC than upstate. Iglezias tweeted it out.

Comment

I can't imagine that Cynthia Nixon would be particularly competent. I'm not sure that it would be a better outcome for NY if she beat Cuomo. It would be a better outcome for the rest of us, because we'd never have to hear from Cuomo again.

Comment

If Ms Nixon wins, then fair enough. If she loses, at the very least, it will stop other actors with no idea, from running for whatever.

Yes, Ronnie, Arnie, Clint and a few others notwithstanding.

*cough California cough*
                            Last edited by Gerontophile; 13-09-2018, 20:47.

Comment

She doesn't have "no idea". Did you see her debate?

Comment

I'm sure that both Gero and SB have studied Nixon's policy positions in detail

Comment

Multiple sources reporting that Manafort has agreed to a plea deal that will avoid his second trial

Comment

well he's had a good run. I was amazed to see he was 69. He must have a great surgeon.

Comment

Well, now. What does Manafort have to offer. You don't get a plea deal in a case like this unless you've got something to trade, right?

Comment

Wrong, it’s rather more likely that he isn’t cooperating

Comment

Oh. Really? How disappointing.

Comment

We will find out for sure tomorrow, when the deal is supposed to be announced officially, but this thread by a former federal prosecutor is a good summary of why both parties take deals that don't include "flipping"

Comment

Cuomo wins.

Comment

Dumb-guy question: can a plea deal include the clause 'the defendant will not accept a pardon if offered'?

Comment

WOM, no.

It would be seen as an unconstitutional limitation on the President's pardon power.

Comment

fck.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X