No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, I often go to Santee anyway, to buy pet food and hardware.

Comment

Interesting combination.

Comment

If I were thinking of market sectors where the Klan would excel pet food and hardware would be in my top 5 (along with guns sheets, and firelighters)

Comment

Ah, another two nations separated by a common language.

Can you post photos of each of these things?

Comment

Maybe not. Hardware, for me, is the wares on sale at Home Depot, such as their fine selection of garden torches as used in Charlottesville. Pet food is, I think, what you feed your cat. I'm not sure how that's a particularly klan-adjacent business.

(By the way, I'm not sure Santee is nearly as racist as it used to be, although it is definitely as trashy as anywhere in the county)

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
              . Pet food is, I think, what you feed your cat. I'm not sure how that's a particularly klan-adjacent business.
              I just bought Phoebe the Dog several cans of Alligator and Catfish dog-food. Doesn't have burning crosses on the label but it might fit the bill.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that it was owned by the Kochs.

Comment

A piece on Hope Hicks' departure that is entertaining and appalling in equal measure.

But as time went on, it became clear that the sickness was a feature, that anyone who entered the building became a little sick themselves. And no matter how dead any of the eccentrics or maniacs or divas appeared to be, how far away from the president their status as fired or resigned or never-hired-in-the-first-place should have logically rendered them, nobody was ever truly gone. The people who were problems on the campaign or on the inside continued to be problems. The president’s taste for the other and the new was so established that the most driven among them knew that all they had to do was wait for an opening, or shrewdly create one — a weakened staffer, a particularly demoralizing news cycle — and they could worm their way back in. The madness engulfing the White House, in other words, was not just a matter of staff infighting or factional ideological rivalries, as it was often portrayed in the press, but also, in part, the result of manipulation from the fringes of Trumpworld.

Comment

Ty Cobb is still working for Trump, I see.

I keep expecting to hear he's been sacked and replaced by Pete Rose.

Comment

That would be highly amusing, largely because another of his lawyers, John Dowd (the one who was ranting about shutting Mueller down last week), is primarily responsible for Rose’s lifetime ban from baseball.

Comment

The Kushner-Qatar thing just got a little more legs, it appears. As Jared's prison-hogging dad met with the Qatari finance minister just around the same time that all kinds of weird things were going on in US-Qatari relations. Hmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                          That would be highly amusing, largely because another of his lawyers, John Dowd (the one who was ranting about shutting Mueller down last week), is primarily responsible for Rose’s lifetime ban from baseball.
                          That's fantastic.

Comment

Crikey, Dowd is older than Pete Rose.

Comment

Get in. Pennsylvania gerrymandering is over.

Comment

Speaking of "having legs"

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/975816438933049344

Comment

Trump's America seems to imply the death penalty for drug dealers but tax breaks for Big Pharma, which deals in addiction on a much larger scale.

Comment

I've just been reminded that Trump had a very big lead indeed over Clinton (at least at one point in the campaign) on "honest and trustworthy".

Comment

There are a lot of people in this country who really, really hate HRC

Comment

Well done, both-siders.

Comment

Selecting Clinton is looking like the biggest mistake the Democrats have made in modern times, although few people (including me to be fair) saw that at the time.

Comment

She was actually worse according to lots of people BTL on the Guardian before the election. I thought it was odd at the time. Obviously, Trump won, so in a way it's not so suspicious. But even so.

Comment

Issuing the first report in the review of Russian interference in the 2016 elections, members of the Senate Intelligence Committee said Tuesday that a range of stepped up election security measures must be taken by local, state, and federal officials to address a series of gaps, which lawmakers in both parties say Moscow was obviously trying to exploit.

“It is clear the Russian government was looking for the vulnerabilities in our election system,” said Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC), the chairman of the Intelligence panel, which has been working for over a year to uncoil what cyber attacks Moscow was engaging in during the 2016 campaign for President.

Russia attempted to penetrate 21 states; we know they were successful in penetrating at least one voter database,” Burr added at a bipartisan news conference on Capitol Hill.
                                              Is this new? Or did I miss it before?

Comment

No, not new.

Comment

Cheers.

Here's Sarah Sanders.

Does she always sound half-asleep?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                    Selecting Clinton is looking like the biggest mistake the Democrats have made in modern times, although few people (including me to be fair) saw that at the time.
                                                    Selecting anybody that's been around power is increasingly a bad idea, because there'll always be stuff that can be wedged.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X