No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps it is because I read a variety of sources and never watch television news, but I don't think that's true.

What is true is that the point is not being made anywhere near as frequently as the Fever Swamp is crying "collusion", but that's in part due to the fact that they do little else.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
      But even in the left and centrist media, nobody seems to be interested in pointing out that it's not explicitly a Trump investigation, nor explicitly a collusion investigation, that it should exist even if not a single US person had met a single Russian person in the entirety of 2016.
      It does get pointed out on my cable news, but not as often as it should be.

Comment

Larry Tribe is getting himself worked up

https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1017904666011631624

Comment

Fuck sake that’s a thin case.

Comment

Almost gives the Greenwald useful idiots ammunition.

Comment

Really? That seems like a pretty good case.

If I asked somebody to kill somebody for me and they ended up being murdered...

Comment

That is grounds for an investigation. The case would be demonstrating an actual link between the two, i.e. it was the person you asked who did it or arranged it.

Comment

Isn't Tribe saying the circumstances alone make the case? That's weak.

Comment

Tribe is correct that conspiracy requires proof of (at least) two overt acts in furtherance of the conspiracy.

What his tweet elides (as Janik and Tubby imply) is proof of a causal connection between those acts and how they furthered the conspiracy, not to mention proof of the acts themselves (45 would obviously argue that his was a hyperbolic rhetorical question in the context of a political campaign, and the charges in yesterday's indictments have not been tested in court).

Comment

"Mine was a hi.. Hyp.. High... What's this word again? Look, OK, crooked Hillary did it. No collusion. Her emails"

Comment

Did Trump know in advance and shoot his mouth off?

Comment

James Hohmann
                          ‏ @jameshohmann
                          Follow Follow @jameshohmann
                          Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) says he will go to jail before he allows the expansion of Medicaid in his state. He's willing to be held in contempt by the courts to resist a court order to implement a voter referendum that passed with 59%.
                          What a guy.

Comment

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1018271195685425153

Comment

Trump on the World Cup (speaking to Putin today):

"I watched quite a bit and in the United States we call it soccer and I watched quite a bit of it and I watched the entire final and the semi-finals and they were really spectacular games".

So the President spent at least 5 hours watching sport on TV, with no direct relevance to his nation or administration. OK sir, whatever keeps you off Fox news.

Comment

I was speaking with a Trump voter in my favorite watering hole this weekend. A nice guy, not the frothing maniac one might expect.

He said that blue collar Americans voted for Trump out of desperation because nothing was getting done. There was no government from Capitol Hill. Hilary Clinton was an insider who promised more of the same and Trump, not a beltway operator, at least offered the chance of government not deadlock.

He voted for Obama before and seemed genuinely dismayed at the covert racism that stymied much of the Obama program.

Comment

How’s he feeling now?

Comment

Not happy. Confused. Doesn't know how to vote in November thinking that if the Dems get majorities on the Hill it will mean at least another two years of deadlock.

Comment

Was that in North Carolina? Did he vote McCrory out?

Comment

Yes.In North Carolina. Don'tknow how he voted in the State poll.

Comment

It would be interesting to know. Much be a few who voted for Trump but not McCrory.

Some good senate polls (FWIW) last few days. Nelson, Bredsen and Tester all ahead. Would be surprised if all of them won, and I think Heitkamp will lose. McCaskill is in trouble too.

Comment

Fuck me, surely some people are going to be put off Trump by that performance with Putin today, won't they?

Comment

If they haven't been put off by all the previous shite, what makes you think this will make a jot of difference, Tubbs?

Comment

Trump voters have re-ordred their reality perception field to fit with whatever it is Fox and Friends tells them it is. If Trump says Putin is the US's friend, then he's the US's friend. If he says trade wars help US citizens, then they help US citizens. If he says Black is white and white is black, they'll adjust their colour perception accordingly.

Comment

Most of them are like that, but I thought it was interesting that even Darrell Issa interviewed just then felt he had to give an aside saying Putin was very bad. I'd be surprised if this shit didn't cut through with enough voters to be a problem for Trump.

Comment

1) Locate nearest mirror
                                                    2) Start practising your surprised face

Comment

Working...
                                                    X