Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1062533611751202817?s=21

Comment

That's really good news, but that district isn't hardcore Republican like other parts of the Central Valley. It seems more northern Californian than other parts of the Central Valley (apart from voting for Schwarzenegger, it is reliably Democratic for the big offices), so this isn't a major upset, but it's really good to see someone who campaigned on universal health care winning.

Comment

Yeah, a district with Tracy, Modesto, Manteca and Turlock is basically "people who can't afford to live in the Bay Area anymore" at this point. Emphasis on can't afford, so a progressive Democrat probably has a better chance than a liberal Democrat.

Comment

$339,000 was transferred from Mimi Walters' campaign to the anti gas tax campaign. Looks like she could have done with the money herself.

Comment

Predictably, arming guards turns out to have tragic consequences when the guard happens to be black.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
              $339,000 was transferred from Mimi Walters' campaign to the anti gas tax campaign. Looks like she could have done with the money herself.
              Not necessarily. The anti-gas-tax campaign was never about the gas tax. It was always about driving Republican turnout when there was no Republican candidate for Senator, and only a comedy candidate for governor. Without the gas-tax-crusade, the Republicans may well have lost more seats in California.

Comment

But it was on the ballot anyway, wasn't it?

She'd have got more bang for those bucks in fighting for her own seat.

Comment

I'm with SB

A greater number of marginal Waters voters would have been encouraged to cast ballots by anti-gas tax propaganda than ads promoting her candidacy (and that's before one looks at the inefficiency of television ads in Congressional races, given the degree to which districts do not correspond to television markets).

Just having the measure on the ballot isn't enough, you need to whip up the marginals with apocalyptic imagery.

Comment

Not necessarily. I saw much more hype - particularly grass-rootsy hype - from people upset about paying money to drive than about returning representatives. I think the Republicans got good value from Prop 6.

Comment

There was something I saw that suggested she didn't have the money for adverts she needed at the end. If that's true, then I think they probably regret transferring the money out, because she probably won't lose by much. Though I suppose the margin's likely to pile up.

Comment

https://twitter.com/aaronwiener/status/1062773541043605505?s=21

Comment

Once again Fox makes the case for Democrats better than the party does.

https://twitter.com/JAdomian/status/1062658970047799296

Comment

What a coincidence that Fox's graphic happens to only show women of colour...

Comment

maybe they couldn't find white democratic candidates sufficiently pleasant, friendly or attractive for their graphic. I'm not sure that Picture sends the image they hoped it did.

Comment

It does to their audience.

Comment

Not sure if this has already been covered but Trump managed to piss and moan about Macron and France on the anniversary of 130 dying in the Paris/St Denis attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                    It does to their audience.
                                    But they look like a TV Casting call for actresses to play a 2nd grade school teacher. Not wishing to objectify or minimize any of those people, but Those simply are not scary photos. The iconography is all wrong. They seem really nice and friendly.
                                    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 14-11-2018, 20:17.

Comment

Their audience are said to be up in arms tonight as they (Fox) have stuck up for CNN and Acosta

Comment

Handful of weird things:

Michael Avenatti has been arrested for Domestic Violence

CA-21, previously called for Republicans, is now down to under 2% lead and there's an outside chance of another Democrat gain depending on how many more votes still have to come in

UT-4, previously with a really decent lead for the Democrat, is now super-close. Mia Love - the anachronistic black, female, mormon Republican - still has a reasonable chance of holding on to her seat.

There are a bunch of numbers coming out showing unverified and unclear FL votes, and it seems exceptionally unlikely that there are enough for Nelzon to win. He really has to hope that people filled in their ballots correctly in Broward and the machines screwed up the count - but if that's the case and Democrats win because of extra votes coming out of Broward, Republicans are going to go utterly insane.

Comment

Berba, you don’t understand 70 year old, permanently outraged, non college educated white male culture.

Comment

Good riddance to Avenatti is he's guilty. His current Twitter tactic of using the ex-wives as character witnesses is somewhat Trumpian. "I didn't hit A so I can't be hitting B."

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                              Republicans are going to go utterly insane.
                                              So, no difference with their behavior right now, then.

Comment

His current Twitter tactic of using the ex-wives as character witnesses is somewhat Trumpian. "I didn't hit A so I can't be hitting B."
                                                Worked for Kavanaugh.

Comment

Will be helpful to Daniels in her inevitable malpractice suit, given that he saddled her with a claim for hundreds of thousands in attorney's fees with his ridiculous defamation suit.

Comment

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1063038733673525248

This is presumably in reference to the Mira Ricardel situation, whose imminent departure the WSJ accurately reported, which Trump then called fake news, before proving it right by firing her.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X