Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He would just tell lies.

Comment

At least he'd have to do it himself instead of sending out Darren Huckerby-Sanders to do it.

Comment

The allegation that the Russians were behind a lot of Bernie Sanders propaganda is interesting.

As my American FB friends are generally good people, I didn't see any pro Trump stuff, but my feed was awash with stuff about how great Bernie was.
        The difference being that the Sanders stuff was mostly true, as liberals and Democrats tend to fact check before sharing, whereas the morons on the other side just eat up the bullshit without question.

Comment

I'm not sure that the indictment supports the allegation that "a lot" of pro-Sanders posts were initiated by the Russians.

They clearly originated "some" pro-Sanders and pro-Stein stuff, but that appears to have been essentially a sideline. Given their close attention to "engagement metrics", it may well be the fact that Sanders stuff didn't do as well that contributed to its relatively light weight in their activities.

Comment

Trump attempts to find common ground with the shooting victims:

@realDonaldTrump

Very sad that the FBI missed all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter. This is not acceptable. They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion. Get back to the basics and make us all proud!

Comment

He's on a roll

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/965079126829871104

Comment

Holy shit. All with a big red bow and a cherry on the top.

Comment

https://twitter.com/asociologist/status/965954197345787904

Comment

Comment

Long may it wave . . .

Comment

I've not seen a proper analysis of that Pennsylvania map yet. Everything so far has been pretty shallow - just which districts would Clinton have won vs Trump. More useful would be to know how many of the new districts are competitive. If we've moved to 10 safe Republican seats and 8 safe Democrat ones, it's not a massive deal. If we've moved to 5 safe Republican seats, 5 safe Democrat seats, and 8 genuinely competitive ones, then it could really open things up dramatically.

Comment

I think it's 10-8 to Trump. I don't know how competitive they are.

Comment

Yeah, that's the thing. All the analysis so far is that it's 10-8 on a straight Clinton-Trump vote, but that's not really what's interesting here.

Comment

Here you go, lads.

Comment

Cheers.

I'd forgotten how close Pennsylvania was in 2016. Those gerrymandered districts likely helped a bit.

Comment

Special Counsel Robert Mueller has charged Dutch lawyer Alex Van Der Zwaan with making false statements to FBI investigators. Van Der Zwaan, who was officially charged on Feb. 16 in a federal court in Washington, has a plea hearing scheduled for Tuesday at 2:30 p.m. EST.

The details: According to the indictment, the false statements came when Mueller's team probed Van Der Zwaan's work for the Ukraine Ministry of Justice, and include lying about his interactions with Rick Gates, the Paul Manafort associate and former Trump campaign adviser who was indicted by Mueller last fall.

Comment

https://theconversation.com/trump-ma...suggests-91538

Interesting on ex-Obama voters in Michigan and the effect of believing (or not) 3 particular bits of fake news.

Comment

So it turns out that lies and non-truths are an inherent feature of political elections.

Comment

Yeah.

Nice generic ballot poll just out. 53-38.

(Yeah, I know).

Comment

Agree, of course, with the "Yeah, I know". But it is actually useful because some Democrats (and, I think, you) have been freaking out over the last few weeks as Trump's negative ratings have fallen marginally and the generic ballot has narrowed slightly. Nobody - neither you, nor Democrats generally - should be freaking out at this point, over half a year from an election, when the generic ballot polling is between +5 and +15 for the Dems. So it's useful to have some data points come in to calm you all down.

Comment

That makes sense.

Comment

It becomes more of a cult every day.

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/966418087070326784

Comment

Seems like an odd question for a pollster to ask, mind you

Comment

This kind of crap is happening every other day and largely flying under the radar

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/966294000306216961

Comment

I don't think it is a bad question for gauging voters' willingness to suspend all critical faculties when it comes to Dear Leader.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X