Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papa Don.

Comment

Nice WaPo piece on all the Trump properties that have missed paying their property tax bills on time in the past year or so...first the first time ever.

(might have to work around the paywall).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.ccb7b13bb3c3

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
        Montenegro, a country of less than 700'000 people and which had the nerve to foil a GRU plot to overthrow it's government two years ago described as ''aggressive'' by Trump.

Thing is the idiot probably doesn't even know Montenegro exists let alone point to it on a map so somebody's feeding him this.
        I'm not sure about the specifics around the recent events in Montenegro, but for every GRU-sponsored coup in the world, there are about a dozen done by the CIA. Berta Caceres wasn't killed by the GRU.

Comment

Yeah but the western Balkans are a shitstorm of Russia doing bad things. Peter Geoghegan has been very good on Bosnia and wider Balkan Russian backed shenanigans. And he’s far from a liberal stooge centrist dad.

Whataboutery doesn’t cut it in that part of Europe.

Comment

https://twitter.com/johnjharwood/status/1019656469304799232?s=21

Comment

Not as serious as that, obviously. But as an aside, here's a nicely flippable House Seat with a complete idiot Republic in situ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnes...ional_district

Jason Lewis. He's had Paul Ryan up there with him.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/18/p...wis/index.html

Comment

Have you taken a vow of silence, ursus?

Comment

Tubbs, I know that I’ve been critical of your country at times, but calling us a “complete idiot Republic” isn’t going to advance the argument.

Comment

Whoops, I meant Republican.

As another aside, I like the look of this.

Dave Wasserman
                    @Redistrict
                    47m47 minutes ago
                    More
                    A few weeks ago I was skeptical Trump tariffs would cost Rs a lot of votes in Midwest/farm CDs. After visiting with a group of MN corn growers last night...less skeptical.

Comment

That is indeed promising.

Minnesota is a really strange state politically, though.

Comment

Surely even suggesting helping the russians prosecute Bill Bowder is going to cause Trump massive problems? The Magnitsky act passed the Senate 92-4.

Comment

That was before the election.

Comment

Big image change since they left the B52s

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              That was before the election.
                              I know, but I was under the impression that the whole thing came about because people close to the russian govt, ripped off a bunch of rich americans. I was under the impression that protecting the holdings of Rich US citizens overseas was perhaps the most reliably bipartisan position in congress, with the imposition of Crippling sanctions on Russia acting as an illustration to the rest of the world that ripping off American Capital had consequences. Suggesting that you might hand over the rich american to the people who ripped him off, has to still matter to republicans on some level. It really makes him look like a puppet.

Comment

I would have agreed with you six months ago, but the current GOP caucus appears to be completely terrified of doing anything that could be construed as anti-Trump before the mid-terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                  Big image change since they left the B52s
                                  Beautiful

Comment

Dutch teletext reporting that the US state department cancelled, at the last minute, a statement it was going to release on the fourth anniversary of the shooting down of the Malaysian airlines plane over Ukraine. The statement would have criticised Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno

Fucking hell, her eyes! She looks like she's barely restraining herself from leaping at the cameraman's throat and feasting on the scarlet river that flows within.

Comment

They don't call her "Crazy Eyes" for nothing.

Comment

If I may be utterly critical of her looks...

You can still see the marks at the corners of her eyes, where they have stretched the stolen skin over her underlying reptilian features.

Ergo, the rictus is fixed.

(Misogyny over, I return you to the arts.)

Fucking hell, people. She is mental. Doesn't matter what she looks like!

Comment

Only tangentially linked to the thread title, but Full Frontal with Samantha Bee had a bit about the anti-45 demonstrations in the UK. It was an English member of the show who went and interviewed a few people involved, including one Owen Jones whose explanatory subtitle was something like 'activism organiser', and not Guardian journalist'.

Couple of things about this:

He was wearing a 'Pride' T-shirt that I have, and I wonder whose idea it was not to mention that he was a journalist?

Comment

Reminds me of this:

Comment

Does anybody want to tell 'em?

Comment

Hahaha, unidentified fan indeed

Comment

I've decided I'm going to get an Ireland shirt with number 10 and "U. Fan".

Comment

Working...
                                                    X