No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Gero is right, we will seriously consider emigrating.

Comment

I hear that a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        I would have agreed with you six months ago, but the current GOP caucus appears to be completely terrified of doing anything that could be construed as anti-Trump before the mid-terms.
        They voted 98-0 to support a resolution saying that the US won't be handing over ambassadors or really rich people any time soon. the spirit of bipartisanship stil lives.

Comment

If Gero is right, we will seriously consider emigrating.
          I was recently contacted out of the blue by two frienfs of friends who have moved to Ireland and are looking for work

Comment

Berba, Congress doesn't really have power to stop the Administration from doing that, which it is why the resolution was non-binding.

Comment

From what I heard on the radio the Irish are going to be hiring a lot more customs officers.

Comment

Originally posted by adams house cat View Post
                From what I heard on the radio the Irish are going to be hiring a lot more customs officers.
                They've got bigger problems than that- Bill O'Reilly is in Cavan on holiday.

Comment

Berba, Congress doesn't really have power to stop the Administration from doing that, which it is why the resolution was non-binding.
                  oh yeah. but it is a bit of a gentle reminder that that is beyond the limits of acceptability.

Comment

Like hundreds of other things the Administration has done.

Comment

Like hundreds of other things the Administration has done.
                      True, but surprisingly few have had unanimous, or even meaningfully bipartisan opposition when it comes to voting.

Comment

yeah, it seems this is beyond the limits of actual acceptability.

Comment

Perhaps I'm jaded, but it seems to me that non-binding resolutions are the new "expressions of concern".

Tim Scott killing the nomination of the racist for the Ninth Circuit is more significant.
                          Last edited by ursus arctos; 20-07-2018, 15:53.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1020332899164475392

Comment

How does this compute?

Because the tape showed Mr. Trump learning about the A.M.I. payment, it actually helps Mr. Trump, Mr. Giuliani argued. “In the big scheme of things, it’s powerful exculpatory evidence,” he said.

Comment

Rudy! is special

Comment

This:

The men discussed a payment from Mr. Trump to Ms. McDougal — separate from the Enquirer payment — to buy her story and ensure her silence, Mr. Giuliani said. That payment was never made, Mr. Giuliani said, adding that Mr. Trump had told Mr. Cohen that if he were to make a payment related to the woman, to write a check rather than send cash, so it could be properly documented.
                                  appears to admit that a payment was discussed.

Comment

He can't deny that, because the FBI has the tape.

Comment

Trump has turned on cohen It seems.

Comment

I wonder if Rudy! Has told him that the only reason the FBI have the tape is because 45’s lawyers waived privilege.

Comment

After 15 minutes of pre-amble, Rachel Maddow was making the point that this was leaked deliberately to draw the sting of the story, get it out during Treason week, and also deprive cohen of something to trade with prosecutors.

Comment

Rudy! Is beginning to believe his own bullshit, which is a very bad sign.

If one does that, one can get to the first two points, but Cohen never had the power to trade the tape. The privilege belongs to the client and can only be waived by him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                              After 15 minutes of pre-amble, Rachel Maddow was making the point that this was leaked deliberately to draw the sting of the story, get it out during Treason week, and also deprive cohen of something to trade with prosecutors.
                                              I love Rachel, but I disagree with her on this. I don't doubt that the leak came from the trump camp, but not for the reasons she thinks. Her theory assumes that the leaker was one of the principals--could have been anyone.

Comment

How the hell does she have a tv show? She could say everything she wants in half the time. That's not the TV way.

Comment

You don’t understand MSNBC culture . . .

Comment

She has an hour to fill so she has a lot of padding, which she disguises as 'background'

But it's also self-congratulation at being cleverer than Fox or CNN, as if that were difficult.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X