No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida: 4,000 postal voters can correct their signatures but only have 48 hours, which seems rather contradictory. If the state fucked up, as the judge ruled, the voters should get more time than this.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TheDweck/status/1063107841328705537

Comment

I love this new line that Mueller hasn't been confirmed by the Senate. It's "you're the puppet" all over again.

Comment

Democrats gain Maine-02.

Comment

Holy fuck

Comment

Holy Fuck, indeed

Comment

Looks like everyone is losing votes in the FL Recount, with Nelson losing more than Scott.

No hand recount for Gillum - he's toast. Hand recount for Nelson, but it won't save him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                  Can he leave the United States?

It says he is a green card holder. So I assume he can head on over to Canada for a "holiday".

Comment

The Trump Administration did not offer an explanation for why the U.S. is apparently undertaking an effort to smooth over relations soured by a Saudi-orchestrated murder.
                    And three lines later...

Three weeks ago, ABC reported that a Turkish business group had moved to cancel an event at Trump’s DC hotel amid negotiations over Gulen’s fate.
                    What was that about emoluments?

Comment

Saudis obviously took offence at his "bad original concept" comment.

Comment

It must be very hard for any non appointee official with even a shred of decency not to punch the orange bastard out or at least scream at the horrible cunt when forced to meet face to face.

But then no one punched Cheney in the chest and he was probably worse.

Comment

It's amazing that he is still alive.

As is the man he gunned down in cold blood.

Comment

Not only is he alive

https://twitter.com/AlexNBCNews/status/1062765490928578560

Comment

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1063244969110949888

Comment

Apols if the Acosta thing is really old news now, but Peter Serafinowicz redubbed Trump with added sass, and it somehow makes the whole thing more palatable.

Comment

I read about this... 6 days ago, and didn't click. Too busy enjoying small mercies. But, yes, Dickless* Cheney is in amongst the living.

Imagine thinking anything bad because the sins of the father...

Good luck.

*I know. Totally facetious.

Comment

Well, there's an interim ruling on his press credentials due today, so I suppose it's timely again.

Comment

Comment

Does this mean California will have a Democratic supermajority and can actually raise revenue? Or is the swing only for Federal seats?

Comment

They already had a supermajority in the Assembly, and were on the brink of one in the Senate, but they won seats this year. The latest numbers I've seen are Assembly 56-21 and the Senate 27-13

The real barrier to raising revenue in California, however, is the initiative process and the limits that have been written into the State Constitution through that process. It wasn't as if a Democratic governor was going to veto measures coming out of a Democratic legislature.

Still better than a stick in the eye, though.

Comment

I thought a supermajority was the main initiative-originated limit.

Comment

Not for the property tax bits Prop 13 and its direct progeny, though that is true for the income tax part.

There are some initiatives that have imposed a super-majority requirement for future initiatives designed to reverse the original vote.

Comment

There are some initiatives that have imposed a super-majority requirement for future initiatives designed to reverse the original vote.
                                                Is that constitutional? Or are they constitutional amendments?

Comment

They are constitutional amendments, as many initiatives are.

I don't believe that they have been challenged as violations of the Federal Constitution, largely because the courts have traditionally been very deferential to the states when it comes to their own elections (as opposed to elections for federal offices).

Comment

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1063455961057292290

Comment

Working...
                                                    X