Page 504 of 504 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504
Results 12,576 to 12,589 of 12589

Thread: Trump's Card

But it was on the ballot anyway, wasn't it?

She'd have got more bang for those bucks in fighting for her own seat.

I'm with SB

A greater number of marginal Waters voters would have been encouraged to cast ballots by anti-gas tax propaganda than ads promoting her candidacy (and that's before one looks at the inefficiency of television ads in Congressional races, given the degree to which districts do not correspond to television markets).

Just having the measure on the ballot isn't enough, you need to whip up the marginals with apocalyptic imagery.

Teams
    Oxford United
    Biscuit
    Petit Ecolier (milk chocolate)
    Not necessarily. I saw much more hype - particularly grass-rootsy hype - from people upset about paying money to drive than about returning representatives. I think the Republicans got good value from Prop 6.

There was something I saw that suggested she didn't have the money for adverts she needed at the end. If that's true, then I think they probably regret transferring the money out, because she probably won't lose by much. Though I suppose the margin's likely to pile up.

Teams
    UCLA, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy
    Biscuit
    Trader Joe's Maple Leaf cookies
    Once again Fox makes the case for Democrats better than the party does.

https://twitter.com/JAdomian/status/1062658970047799296

Teams
    Oxford United
    Biscuit
    What a coincidence that Fox's graphic happens to only show women of colour...

maybe they couldn't find white democratic candidates sufficiently pleasant, friendly or attractive for their graphic. I'm not sure that Picture sends the image they hoped it did.

It does to their audience.

I have every comfort and every sport
    Teams
    Wales & Wimbledon
    Biscuit
    Dark Chocolate Digestive
    Actor
    Steve Spiers
    Not sure if this has already been covered but Trump managed to piss and moan about Macron and France on the anniversary of 130 dying in the Paris/St Denis attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos View Post
    It does to their audience.
    But they look like a TV Casting call for actresses to play a 2nd grade school teacher. Not wishing to objectify or minimize any of those people, but Those simply are not scary photos. The iconography is all wrong. They seem really nice and friendly.
    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; Yesterday at 21:17.

Teams
    Sheffield Wednesday, FK Csikszereda Women's U18 team, AFC Csiki Monkeys
    Biscuit
    Ginger nuts
    Their audience are said to be up in arms tonight as they (Fox) have stuck up for CNN and Acosta

Teams
    Oxford United
    Biscuit
    Handful of weird things:

Michael Avenatti has been arrested for Domestic Violence

CA-21, previously called for Republicans, is now down to under 2% lead and there's an outside chance of another Democrat gain depending on how many more votes still have to come in

UT-4, previously with a really decent lead for the Democrat, is now super-close. Mia Love - the anachronistic black, female, mormon Republican - still has a reasonable chance of holding on to her seat.

There are a bunch of numbers coming out showing unverified and unclear FL votes, and it seems exceptionally unlikely that there are enough for Nelzon to win. He really has to hope that people filled in their ballots correctly in Broward and the machines screwed up the count - but if that's the case and Democrats win because of extra votes coming out of Broward, Republicans are going to go utterly insane.

Berba, you don’t understand 70 year old, permanently outraged, non college educated white male culture.