No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Trump finally goes — assuming the world as we know it has survived — we're going to laugh uproariously about all this.

Unless, of course, he's replaced by someone worse.

Comment

what a sick creepy bastard. Every time he says something like this, it becomes fractionally harder for me to envisage a world where he hasn't crossed some serious lines with his daughter.

Comment

So, it looks like we're on the verge of a government shutdown here in the US. House Democrats have finally had enough of propping up Paul Ryan's plans and getting nothing in return, which means that to pass a bill in the house requires getting most of the House Republicans on board. The current plan of just handing little stop-gap measures every few weeks means that the military doesn't get it's money for expansions - and a big bunch of Republicans are against that. And if you have a big budget for the military, the freedom caucus budget hawks go crazy.

Ryan can't square that circle, so has been using Democrats to get by, because Democrats generally don't want to blow up the government.

But with Trump basically saying that there's no chance of a deal on DACA, Democrats are beginning to wonder if its worthwhile.

Even if a budget clears the house on Party Line vote, then it has to get 60 votes in the Senate. And it's not clear that the Republicans can do this. They're trying to pressure the Red State Democrats. But they need to find 9 (or maybe 10, as McCain is convalescing in Arizona) votes, which looks increasingly unlikely. They'll get Manchin. But Donnelly and Tester and Heitkamp and McCaskill aren't playing as nicely as before. And even with those three, they still need to find another handful.

Even worse, it looks like a couple of Republicans will vote against any budget that doesn't include military spending, and would vote down a continuing resolution. Rounds and Graham look like "No" votes on a continuing resolution. Which would give any Democrats an absolute ton of cover if they want to vote no.

Comment

Meanwhile, Mike Pence is off for a trip to the Middle East. Which seems odd, as his deciding tie-break vote could be useful is a second Senator - perhaps Thad Cochran -
          goes missing or abstains.

I do quite like the idea of a government shut down stranding Pence somewhere unfortunate.

Comment

It's good to see Senate dems growing a spine, but a shutdown is really bad for the Inca household personally since my wife has to work for free.

Comment

Never a dull moment here in the Great Satan.

Comment

And Inca pretty much illustrates the problem. The Republicans actually don't care about fucking over individuals, so for them to stand on principle at force a shutdown and make millions of people on the poverty line poorer - it seems OK. For Democrats to allow it to happen - even when it's about stopping a million people being deported to countries they never knew - is more problematic.

The weird thing is that the Republicans might try and get Democrats to own any shutdown when the Republicans can't even get their own caucus to vote for the budget.

Comment

Meanwhile, more Bread and Circuses to distract us from the fact that the country is getting utterly fucked.

“Yep,” the other consultant replied. “She says one time he made her sit with him for three hours watching ‘shark week.’ Another time he had her spank him with a Forbes magazine.”

Dubé and the other consultant confirmed to Mother Jones they exchanged these emails.

The campaign consultant who wrote the email to Dubé tells Mother Jones that Daniels said the spanking came during a series of sexual and romantic encounters with Trump and that it involved a copy of Forbes with Trump on the cover.

A fall 2006 cover of Forbes does feature Trump and two of his children, Donald Jr. and Ivanka.

Comment

And, meanwhile, his ratings are improving again.

Comment

Fucking stupid people.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                        Fucking stupid people.
                        No surprise really. He just says what most people think but are afraid to say.
                        He has positioned himself as the saviour of white privilage from the rampant hoards of uppity blacks and Hispanics.
                        He is critisised more for saying stuff out loud and in plain terms rather than what he says.
                        He will win again in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                          No surprise really. He just says what most people think but are afraid to say.
                          He has positioned himself as the saviour of white privilage from the rampant hoards of uppity blacks and Hispanics.
                          He is critisised more for saying stuff out loud and in plain terms rather than what he says.
                          He will win again in 2020.
                          No, sir.

In the face of rampant bigotry, calling everyone a bigot is not the answer. Targeting cunts, is.

However, while that goes on, people are losing their money, jobs, and lives. Fuck: white people too. Women, too. And yes, it's after several years of Americans killing black people with impunity. Or indeed, everyone. With impunity.

You know, I would really like to say what I think should happen. But there are many reasons why I cannot.

TG: 'Most' people do not think that way, and I am fucking furious that you suggest it.

*And, I am not sure that you are wrong. Which is fucking annoying, too.

Comment

^ That may have been liberal guilt, I dunno.

Just cruising through the sub strata of stuff, which is spewed in every direction, every day...

"The global perceptions of the United States could hit their 2026 World Cup bid."

Oh for fuck sake

Comment

I have a bad feeling that he will create an illusion among whites* that they are better off and there really are more jobs due to the tax cuts. Refutations won't be reported so it will become "the truth" of a gullible media.

*except the ones in poverty, but they either won't vote or will be gerrymandered into the same zones as the blacks.

Comment

I know a bunch of people in Europe who would consider themselves left wing and socially progressive. These people are in charge of hiring new colleagues. I've seen them hire local white people from the local country ahead of better qualified candidates from a different background.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that humans come with racism as the default setting. You can only change that default setting by living the life of a foreigner and/or minority for long enough.

Comment

I have a bad feeling that he will create an illusion among whites* that they are better off and there really are more jobs due to the tax cuts. Refutations won't be reported so it will become "the truth" of a gullible media.
                                  He's already doing it. He gave Apple a huge tax cut to create some jobs in America. God knows how many federal employees will get the sack due to those tax cuts. But it doesn't matter. He can dick wave his Apple jobs thing.

Comment

Originally posted by antoine polus View Post

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that humans come with racism as the default setting. You can only change that default setting by living the life of a foreigner and/or minority for long enough.
                                    I think that is what TG just said. And, he's not too far wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                      I think that is what TG just said. And, he's not too far wrong.
                                      I need to make a really clear and important point here. If we are to get into this, I would say the complete opposite.
                                      From my experience, humans do not start off as racist, this is 100% learned.

Kids recognise racial differences but it is society that attaches stigma to it.

Comment

What TG said about kids.

45 also has the lowest approval rating of any President on his first anniversary. By ten full percentage points.

Comment

I need to make a really clear and important point here. If we are to get into this, I would say the complete opposite.
                                          From my experience, humans do not start off as racist, this is 100% learned.

Kids recognise racial differences but it is society that attaches stigma to it.
                                          Maybe. But either way, making sure that kids are mixed with people from other backgrounds from very young can help to make sure that they don't turn out racist.

Comment

No, sir.

In the face of rampant bigotry, calling everyone a bigot is not the answer. Targeting cunts, is.

However, while that goes on, people are losing their money, jobs, and lives. Fuck: white people too. Women, too. And yes, it's after several years of Americans killing black people with impunity. Or indeed, everyone. With impunity.

You know, I would really like to say what I think should happen. But there are many reasons why I cannot.

TG: 'Most' people do not think that way, and I am fucking furious that you suggest it.

*And, I am not sure that you are wrong. Which is fucking annoying, too.
                                            I am not calling everyone a bigot. Surely, you can see that the US (and Europe for that matter) has a white Supremist culture and the White Supremists think their inherant privillage is under attack.

All this bringing back jobs stuff is just code for bringing back the "good old days". As Dave Chappelle says, white people don't want to make Iphones, pick their own strawberries or do the other shitty jobs that have either been outsourced abroad or done locally by migrant labour.

This anger has been building up in the US, he was proceeded by the Tea Party and parallel organisations like ALT-Right have proved very popular.

His only achievement so far is the tax cuts and racially offend most black,Hispanic and native american people and when i turn on US TV to see the criticisms, people seem more angry that he said it more than what he actually said.

It is similar to when David Cameron said, "Nigeria is fantastically corrupt", nobody gave him any shit for saying it, he only got shit for getting caught saying it.

You dig?

Comment

Yeah, fair enough. Nurture, not nature.

And I typed that answer, before the above post.

Comment

Originally posted by antoine polus View Post
                                                Maybe. But either way, making sure that kids are mixed with people from other backgrounds from very young can help to make sure that they don't turn out racist.
                                                Disagree. from my experience, not having racist family members would be a better start. some of the most racist parts of the UK are fairly cosmopolitan (south East London, barking and Dagenham, the black Country, Stoke on Trent).

when I get a chance i will go into this in more detail tieing in to my one on the Cyrille Regis thread.

Comment

You dig?
                                                  Fucking hell.

Well, don't I feel like shit, now.

Comment

Fucking hell.

Well, don't I feel like shit, now.
                                                    I was trying to keep it light hearted with that remark, wasn't meant to make you feel like shit.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X