Page 214 of 214 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214
Results 5,326 to 5,332 of 5332

Thread: Trump's Card

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
    I honestly couldn't tell whether it was a "joke" or an actual sexual assault.

But no, it's not the point.
    My understanding is that the picture isn't the biggest problem, but Franken forcing his tongue into the woman's mouth. The photo is disgusting and humiliating, but forcing your tongue uninvited into a woman's mouth is sexual assault. I think Franken has responded with due humility, and he deserves some credit for it. There must be a way for genuine contrition to be accepted, and perhaps Franken's response is a good guide for how to express such contrition. But it's not a judgment for men to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    I think Trump is too dumb to consciously construct an antisemitic pun but a Freudian interpretation of unconscious antisemitism holds up, given there's a pattern and given that Trump must have had antagonistic business encounters with Jewish business people down the years, which he'd internalize in an antisemitic way.

He's just an antisemite. The fact that his daughter married the son of a businessman as repellent as he is who happens to be Jewish is neither here nor there. Trump is able to utter a million contradictory statements in his sleep. The only thing that holds the mishmash of bullying cruelty animal cunning and greed together is Donal Trump himself.

You just can't hide your anti-Celt prejudice, Nef. It just seeps out.

I think both Donal and Donald are derived from the Celtic D˛mhnall. But apologies to anyone offended...

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    My understanding is that the picture isn't the biggest problem, but Franken forcing his tongue into the woman's mouth. The photo is disgusting and humiliating, but forcing your tongue uninvited into a woman's mouth is sexual assault. I think Franken has responded with due humility, and he deserves some credit for it. There must be a way for genuine contrition to be accepted, and perhaps Franken's response is a good guide for how to express such contrition. But it's not a judgment for men to make.
    Ah, thanks.

Black men aren't coming for your daughters then.