Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would just have served her a spunk sandwich

Comment

Fuck her. Fuck the lot of them. If there's one thing I hope for more than Trump's painful, protracted heart attack in the dead of night, it's that people remember his henchmen and lickspittles for the rest of their lives. And yell 'fuck you...you traitorous coward' in their faces for the next 50 years. I hope that Kellyanne Conway, Sean Spicer, Sarah Huckabee Goebbels, Paul Ryan and all the rest are drinking sneezers and eating booger hoagies for the rest of their miserable lives.

And if that makes me a bleeding heart liberal, so be it.
      Last edited by WOM; 24-06-2018, 21:27. Reason: too upset for accuracy

Comment

Stop worrying about fuckers who’ve dug in and are never coming back Bruno. If you’re still in Team Trump you’re a cunt, rich or poor. Labour tried miserably to triangulate what they’d lost between Late Blair and the Broon years, and it just made them worse off. Fuck those cunts man. Get the vote out.
        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 24-06-2018, 15:50.

Comment

Left, Galvanise Thyself. (Hard enough with the DNC and Kennedy Jr types the Sensibles are taking up)

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
            Fuck her. Fuck the lot of them. If there's one thing I hope for more than Trump's painful, protracted heart attack in the dead of night, it's that people remember his henchmen and lickspittles for the rest of their lives. And yell 'fuck them you traitorous cowards' in their faces for the next 50 years. I hope that Kellyanne Conway, Sean Spicer, Sarah Huckabee Goebbels, Paul Ryan and all the rest are drinker sneezers and eating booger hoagies for the rest of their miserable lives.

And if that makes me a bleeding heart liberal, so be it.
            You forgot Oberst-Gruppenführer Miller. I hope people are shitting in his food already.

Comment

You can support the restaurant by buying gift cards and donating them to local charities - T A P is one. Worked for me earlier but now US only.

https://www.giftrocket.com/gift-card...en-lexington-3

I think they’ll be fine in the longer term as long as some lone gun nut doesn’t take against them. Hopefully it will blow over, as these things tend to when they’re not really about anything much.

Comment

Mmmm booger hoagies

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                  I'm not worried about them, I'm worried about how motivated they'll be for elections. Get the vote out, yes. I didn't say anything about a need to triangulate or appease, though I wouldn't view not kicking Sanders out of a restaurant as a form of appeasement. If you're running a nice place, you're going to be serving some terrible people at some point. Turning it into a national political skirmish may or may not be pragmatically helpful.
                  Ok. The management reserves the right to say fuck off, no? I wouldn’t serve someone who treated my waiting staff like shit. This fucking god bothering sociopath is part of an administration doing that to millions. If she’s part of a regime trying to deport some, Other some more, that wants to roll back rights to PoC and LGBT communities, tbh the owner acted with total honour and showed admirable restraint in not stabbing a fork into the bastard. Make them pariahs, fuck this regime. I want every cunt connected with ICE from top to bottom to spend the rest of their lives in misery and torment. Travellling miles to find a store that’ll take their dirty blood money.

Someone who is still an ICE agent today is a fucking monster. Suicide as honour code should come back, warm baths all round.

I want orange jumpsuits on the whole bunch. Jared finking, there were three people in the marriage, money is over here, Giuliani dying in jail too would be nice.

But it’s a second term more likely. The specific (family) kleptocratic bit of this state capture, policy decisions based on what’s in it for Ivanka and pals, that bit of the hydra needs to die before he goes total Yeltsin with state assets, privatizing not just to the usual evil GOP donors, but total mooks and goombahs, greaseballs whether Ruskie or American or Chinese or Korean or Philipino....
                  Last edited by Lang Spoon; 24-06-2018, 19:34.

Comment

That’s why he has to die, somehow.

Comment

Ivanka daddy sex tape might be the only way he’s lose his base. But mibees not the dads.

Comment

I increasingly think we shouldn't be worrying too much about how some of our actions make the Trumpists feel terribly terribly persecuted despite being them almost all middle aged white christian men. Their entire movement has been built on resentment and paranoia about how everything's been taken away from them by transgender muslims from Guatemala and Mexico. If they can create their ridiculous narrative and believe it when they've had power their entire lives, nothing we do is going to stop them believing that narrative, so we may as well just speak the truth about them. We shouldn't handle the racists and shitbags with kid gloves just in case they get a little offended and more motivated to vote.

Comment

Transgender muslim rapist gang members from Guatemala and Mexico...

Comment

Has anyone met Bruno in person? I need some assurance that he(it?) isn't a Russian propaganda not.

Comment

It's may not accomplish much, but it's not going to do any harm. So we should stop worrying about how pointing out who these people really are might somehow backfire.

Comment

As I said before, this is all a pre-meditated diversionary sideshow.

What we should really be focusing on today is his call to violate long-standing Supreme Court precedent and our international treaty obligations by denying any kind of due process to non-citizens who have entered the country.

Comment

"People who were going to vote Republican are now going to vote Republican".

These people were "upset" about Trump in the same way that Ben Sasse is. They'd have mumbled a few platitudes about him not being perfect, and then vote for him.

Now, instead, they'll say he's not perfect but Libtards MADE us vote for him by saying bad things about him.

Comment

Donald J. Trump
                                    ‏Verified account
                                    @realDonaldTrump
                                    Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
                                    More
                                    The United States is insisting that all countries that have placed artificial Trade Barriers and Tariffs on goods going into their country, remove those Barriers & Tariffs or be met with more than Reciprocity by the U.S.A. Trade must be fair and no longer a one way street!
                                    More then removing all barriers and tariffs.

Comment

Was out with Teddy a few minutes ago and ran into someone we know who had a new puppy on a leash. Teddy wanted to sniff his butt, so we went over to where they were. When I got closer, I noticed that the dog lead had #MAGA printed down the length of it. I made our excuses and walked away before I had the chance to start an argument (I already didn't like him, even before this confirmation that he's a trumper) and I told Ted that he's not allowed to be friends with the maga dog.

Comment

Bruno, the other (buried) takeaway from that piece is that the number of people who identify as Republicans keeps falling, because what used to be a party is increasingly a personality cult.

Comment

The more people like Steve Schmidt and George Will continue to renounce the party (and go as far as to say that they will vote Dem in the next elections) the more their numbers will continue to fall.

Comment

Good to see tax reform is getting less popular.

Comment

The sort-of buried lede in that story is that his Republican support is higher now than anybody's apart from 43's after 9/11. Given the nonstop shit show his presidency has been, I would say that that fact transcends the notion of "people who were going to vote Republican anyway."

So the question is why is his Republican support that stubbornly high. Your explanation is that they're all bigoted racist lost causes, or should at least be treated uncompromisingly as such, and anyone who wavers a bit on that is hardly better. They're all certainly abettors of bigotry and racism, there's no disputing that. But the fact remains, the partisan back and forth isn't shifting them and is instead making them dig in. Maybe that's the only moral way forward until we get to civil war. I don't know. Maybe you'd find me deplorable for not disowning the Trump voters in my extended family.
                                              the civil war began when Nazis murdered someone in Charlottesville and the man supported by members of your extended family said he thought there was good on both sides.

Trump, aided by the republicans who were shit on a stick to start with, and the NRA is already toppling the republic. Separation of Powers. The Rule of law, Anti-Corruption legislation. Gaming the Supreme Court. You put a mafioso in the White House. It's not going to be easy to get him out.
                                              Last edited by Nefertiti2; 24-06-2018, 22:45.

Comment

So the question is why is his Republican support that stubbornly high. Your explanation is that they're all bigoted racist lost causes, or should at least be treated uncompromisingly as such, and anyone who wavers a bit on that is hardly better. They're all certainly abettors of bigotry and racism, there's no disputing that. But the fact remains, the partisan back and forth isn't shifting them and is instead making them dig in. Maybe that's the only moral way forward until we get to civil war.
                                                I hope not. But it remains hard for me to conceive of any reliable argument that would change the beliefs/opinions of someone who is immune to critical thinking. I suspect most Trump supporters — aside from sycophants and 'disrupters' — got there through revelation rather than reason, so reason isn't going to shift them. It's lizard brain thinking and I don't know how you change that.

Comment

The sort-of buried lede in that story is that his Republican support is higher now than anybody's apart from 43's after 9/11. Given the nonstop shit show his presidency has been, I would say that that fact transcends the notion of "people who were going to vote Republican anyway."

So the question is why is his Republican support that stubbornly high. Your explanation is that they're all bigoted racist lost causes, or should at least be treated uncompromisingly as such, and anyone who wavers a bit on that is hardly better. They're all certainly abettors of bigotry and racism, there's no disputing that. But the fact remains, the partisan back and forth isn't shifting them and is instead making them dig in. Maybe that's the only moral way forward until we get to civil war. I don't know. Maybe you'd find me deplorable for not disowning the Trump voters in my extended family.
                                                  Well, like Ben Sasse (and Jeff Flake and Dean Heller and John McCain and Bob Corker and John Kennedy and all the other "rebel" "free thinking" Senators), they're Republicans. I don't see how them "digging in" is any different. They were going to vote Republican, now they're dug in and going to vote Republican.

Why is Republican support so stubbornly high? Well, the number of Republicans has gone down - basically, anyone who was Republican and realises how vile this all is, is now an independent. So, if the number of Republicans who support Trump remains the same, then the percentage will rise.

Comment

It's a slight decrease so far, and doesn't in itself suggest to me that they'll turn around and vote Dem for congressional seats.

"The percentage of people who identify as or lean Republican has fallen 5 points from 42 percent of the population to 37 percent, according to the poll comparing November 2016 with November 2017, which was released last week. The percentage of voters identifying as Democratic has remained at 44 percent."

So, basically, you should knock something like 11% off whatever the Trump Republican approval numbers look like today for a fair comparison with Nov 2016.

Of course, it still doesn't mean they'll vote Democrat. But you (and the mostly terrible NYT article) were making the point about Trump's approval rating among Trumpists.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X