No announcement yet.

F*** off with Christmas already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given that Portsmouth won the cup that year, I imagine that the decs would've remained in place until the end of January 2009, when Pompey were dumped out of the following season's tournament by Swansea.

Comment

I received a Christmas card today. I'm assuming it's for 2017 as it was posted five weeks ago.

Comment

I bet you didn't have to look up which year Portsmouth won the FA Cup Ray.

If only Kayode Odejayi had shot on target in the semi final.

*Sigh*

Comment

13th July, 1.47pm, receive my first "Book Now For Christmas" email.

Comment

The Christmas lights were actually on on Tuesday night in Boro for some reason (a fuck-up, probably).

Comment

Fuck-up perhaps, but someone ought to be superstitious enough to demand that they not be turned off until promotion has been secured.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                The Christmas lights were actually on on Tuesday night in Boro for some reason (a fuck-up, probably).
                Nah, it was obviously to celebrate our first away point of the season...

Comment

I trust that you can account for your movements on Tuesday evening, GO?

Comment

Was at the dentist last week and on the way out after arranging the next appointment she said 'all the best for Christmas'. It was maybe an optimistic punt for a tip, in which case it was very optimistic.

Comment

My local Lowes store has already taken down most of the Halloween crap and is putting up the Christmas stuff in that front part of the store where they have seasonal stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                        I trust that you can account for your movements on Tuesday evening, GO?
                        I can. Sadly they didn't involve watching no goals by the side of the Tees...

Comment

The George in Harrow already has a small tree up and an exhortation to book your Christmas function. It's fucking July...

Comment

When my son went on a playdate on Monday he and his friend spent quite a lot of time playing with Christmas elves. His friend is an only child and when he was distraught at the idea of the elves being packed away in January, his parents capitulated and the elves now live in the lounge all year round.

Comment

So the Great Movies Classic channel (Freeview 52) started showing only Christmas fillums from yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                The George in Harrow already has a small tree up and an exhortation to book your Christmas function. It's fucking July...
                                Holy shit! I thought it was off that ChristmasTime sent me a warehouse sale email yesterday.

Comment

A few days ago I bought 2 Lego advent calendars. The Star Wars ones will sell out this year because they've got original trilogy characters in rather than people no one cares about from the latter day Disney franchise. The shop had already shifted several units by the time I bought it. The other calendar is Guardians of the Galaxy.

Comment

Important admin tonight - updating the Christmas card list.

Comment

the John Lewis ad is outl

I think its rather good. A very impressive example of 90 second storytelling

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                        Important admin tonight - updating the Christmas card list.

Heh! We've got one of those.

It's always quite sad to remove the deceased (mercifully not a lengthy process) and amusing to discover who has either pissed off Mrs. NS in the last 12 months or who she has finally lost patience with when it comes to reciprocation of the gesture, (some are cut some slack in perpetuity (the elderly, busy, forgetful or out of the country at the end of the year), but others find themselves in the festive last chance saloon).

Comment

Agree with Nef on thé John Lewus advert

Comment

Made me well up. Well played.

Comment

I can't believe they've made a John Lewis ad that I don't hate. Well done. I expect torrents of outrage from Team Gammon that it's not saccharine and traditional enough.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                                I can't believe they've made a John Lewis ad that I don't hate. Well done. I expect torrents of outrage from Team Gammon that it's not saccharine and traditional enough.
                                                Th Guardian's Stuart heritage has done that

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1590735189650669568?s=20&t=A9mx1_MBo3VG4rEivHeqPQ

Comment

I doubt I'll see it.

Comment

As if people are going out of their way to watch a fucking advert. For crying out loud

Comment

Working...
                                                    X