No announcement yet.

French presidential election, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admittedly a turnout of only 53%, but dramatic political developments tonight in Corsica:

Autonomists 47%
    Centre-right 13.7%
    En Marche 12%
    Républicains 11%
    Pro-independence list 7%
    FI-Communist list 5.6%
    FN 3%

Comment

A thing I want to quote but I have to write some words too otherwise it's not allowed here

Unless a single list receives a majority of votes in the first round, a second round will be held, in which lists obtaining at least 7 percent of the overall vote in the first round will automatically advance, while those receiving between 5 and 7 percent will be offered the chance to merge with a list that received at least 7 percent of the vote. In the second round, the list receiving a plurality of votes will receive an 18% bonus representing 11 seats in the assembly, with the remaining seats allocated proportionally based on the vote percentage for each list.

The newly elected assembly then appoints the members of the executive council by a first-past-the-post vote requiring an absolute majority, voting on a list of 11 individuals – the president and ten councillors to the president.

Comment

Well done on that FN vote, Corsica. Genuinely.

Comment

So, the Corsican autonomists record 56% of the round two vote, and are projected to win 40-42 seats in the 63-member assembly:

https://france3-regions.francetvinfo...n-1382179.html

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
            One of the biggest "civilisational" problems Francophone North and West Africa faces is the malign interference by the French state and business.
            Anglophone Africa is no difference.

Comment

Last edited by Pérou Flaquettes; 05-02-2018, 18:33.

Comment

Thanks Reg, didn't know of its existence but it's much more suitable than where i put my post so I'll delete the last one and repost it later in this "Liberté, égalité, fraternité" thread.

Bugger, not sure I can finish this post for tonight, I'm a right mess, my car is a mess, my dog is a mess, and my house is a mess now... I've just taken my very lively 18-month old Labrador for a walk on a reasonably clean track near farms, she is lovely, runs all the time etc. but the little scrote suddenly ran after another dog, they both rolled over in some dead animal or other, there was poo/manure involved too..., then she chased a few rabbits (I was trying to catch up at this point...), she went through a gate, onto a farm where she ended up in some disgusting pond (she loves that sort of thing, dirty ponds, cesspool-like ponds...), came out absolutely filthy, she dirtied the car like I've never seen, muckied the house, and now I've got to clean her (she is literally in the doghouse, have cleaned her a bit but she needs a proper shower), got to clean the car, the house and if I've got time, myself...
                Last edited by Pérou Flaquettes; 05-02-2018, 18:32.

Comment

Marine Le Pen required to undergo a psychiatric evaluation by Ministry of Interior following an inquiry into her tweeting of graphic videos and photos of IS executions....

https://www.tdg.ch/monde/examen-psyc...story/16988191

Comment

Working...
                  X