No announcement yet.

Every day is a Peter Sagan day: Pro Cycling 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, ASO set the race duration within UCI rules, so it's entirely down to them. In 2017 they initially only intended to have a single day race up the Izoard, it was only later they tacked on that strange much criticised race in Marseille. So this year we've got what is at best a sideways step in that we've got a longer mountain race - it's not gone back to Paris or anything and I don't think anyone is upset to lose that pursuit time trial thingy. Clearly it's a box ticking exercise for ASO, the way forward should really be have a standalone women's multi day race.

The Yorkshire race is a bit of a red herring in this context, that is driven forward by Gary Verity and the Welcome to Yorkshire people.

Comment

Having started a 2018 thread, I'm going to dive back into this one to mention that we're into the track and CX season now.

The Track World Cup is soon to start and some of the 6 Day events have been going on too.

Track World Cup series:
      Pruszkow, Poland, 4-5 Nov
      Manchester, Britain, 10-12 Nov
      Milton, Canada, 2-3 Dec
      Santiago, Chile, 9-10 Dec
      Minsk, Belarus, 19-21 Dec

It's also the European CX Championships in Tabor, Czechia this weekend. There are no Elite Men from Britain going - whether that's apathy or some failure in qualification I don't know, but Helen Wyman has a decent chance in the women's race and Tom Pidcock will be the favourite for the U23 men. As well as Pidcock, there's also a rider in that one called Kunt, so it should be a fun race to commentate on.
      Last edited by Kevin S; 02-11-2017, 00:06.

Comment

Working...
      X