Bad Moms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Moms

Formulaic plot and hokey ending, but worth it for the cracking one-liners. Full of drinking, sex talk and f-bombs. Also, if you've ever experienced American moms badgering you to make stuff for a fucking bake sale, very satisfying. Four stars.

Bad Moms

In general I am a fan of seeing these kinds of films in the theater because I love to laugh with other people at dumb shit. My favorite is still the first Hangover. That movie was so damn funny. But I agree, Bad Moms has some super funny parts. It got a bit cheesy at the end, but that was to be expected. And the stuff with Mila Kumis' (can't remember her name in the film) husband was odd. He appeared and then disappeared only to reappear for a scene and gone again. I assume there had to have been a bunch of scenes that landed on the cutting room floor. Anyway, I agree with imp. If you're up for some dumb humor that will have you laughing out loud and you like films like the Hangover, Bridesmaids, Superbad then you'll dig this one.

Comment

Bad Moms

I did love the repeated use of the phrase "the fucking bake sale". You just know that's been privately used in millions of houses across the US, but rarely or never to the doubtless well-intentioned people organizing them.

Agree with you on Hangover, Bridesmaids and Superbad too. Next up, Sausage Party (out here on Thursday).

Comment

Bad Moms

I haven't seen Bad Moms yet, but I think Bridesmaids stands out from those others. I didn't think the funny bits were quite as funny as everyone else did, but that was more than made-up for by the central story of Kristen Wig's character's life falling apart and then coming back together.

Comment

Bad Moms

That Bake Sale stuff was good.

This scene from Superbad required me to pause the DVR about 5 times just so I could breathe I was laughing so hard:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7XkYJ3ctwU

Comment

Bad Moms

Perhaps I should watch Bad Moms. The trailer didn't appeal to me at all, but i've heard nothing but good things about it.

Comment

If you liked Bad Moms, don't go to see Bad Moms 2. If you didn't like Bad Moms, don't go to see Bad Moms 2. If you didn't see Bad Moms, don't let Bad Moms 2 make you think bad things about Bad Moms.

It's a cash-in sequel Xmas movie. That's all you need to know about Bad Moms 2. Did I mention that you absolutely should not go and see it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                I haven't seen Bad Moms yet, but I think Bridesmaids stands out from those others. I didn't think the funny bits were quite as funny as everyone else did, but that was more than made-up for by the central story of Kristen Wig's character's life falling apart and then coming back together.
                Spot on. I didn't like Bridesmaids much when Kristen Wiig was not in a scene.

Comment

Working...
                X