Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doesn't anybody watch Man United anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've finally took the lead against Stoke. Martial and Rooney had just been brought on, and within a few minutes had linked up to open the scoring.
    To be fair though, Rooney's contribution was being beaten to Martial's pass by a Stoke defender but the loose ball went straight to Martial who put it in the net.

Arnautovic takes a bang in the knee from Herrera whilst controlling the ball and Glenn Hoddle declares that it's his own fault for not turning quickly enough. Is this really the best we can do for England manager?

Comment

By that reckoning if you got hit by a car whilst using a Zebra crossing, Glenn would say it was your fault for not crossing the road quickly enough.

Comment

The sky blue has thrown me off the entire game.

Comment

Joe Allen pounces after De Gea spills it and two defenders rush in after the ball leaving him free to knock it in from a couple of yards out.

Comment

My main memory of Eng v Iceland was Hoddle suggesting that Iceland's long throws were an unfair advantage against Premier League defences.

Comment

I suspect that that'd have been Glenda's cursory grasp of his mother tongue, as opposed to any genuine belief that long throws might be outlawed to help his country.

Well done, the Potters.

Comment

Top work by the Welsh Xavi.

Comment

Pogba smacks the bar with a header which looked harder to do than actual score.
                  Do they always play that awful song at the end of every home match?
                  Man United have been left behind. Liverpool, Spurs and City are well ahead of them.

Comment

With the number of chances Stoke created and Herrera somehow allowed to stay on the pitch, one might even argue that they were lucky to take a point...

Comment

matt j wrote: The sky blue has thrown me off the entire game.
                      Sky blue is an away kit has a fair degree of history behind it for Stoke. It was something the club commonly used back when it was the norm to have a changed kit colour scheme that was consistent for many seasons in a row.

Comment

Old Trafford seemed to be competing with the Emirates for (lack of) atmosphere.

Comment

Why no yellow card for Otahipster?
                          Clear and deliberate handball.

Comment

The best thing I've ever read about Otamendi came from Twitter:

His hair looks like a skate park for nits

Comment

Celtic must be so embarrassed that they couldn't beat this lot.

Comment

Claudio Bravo looks as dodgy as fuck. Is he really an upgrade on Hart?

Comment

Hmm. I think it's worth remembering that man utd were top of the league this time last season, and also hammered stoke in this fixture last season, with Martial, rooney and borthwick jackson all starring.

I wonder what Mourinho is going to do when zlatan eventually gets injured. He's now 35, and that's a bad to increase the physical intensity of your game. United played some lovely football at times today, but there wasn't much sense of control about a lot of it (like in the three goals shown above)

His post match chat with BT was hilarious. I didn't have BT last season, and didn't really get much opportunity to assess their overall style. If Sky have built their model around sycophantic panderer pundits, BT sport seem to have decided to base their brand on the braying stupidity model.

That herrera challenge looked awful at the time, and ten times worse every time you saw a replay. While he represents a big step up from fellaini, I'm really not very convinced by Herrera as the defensive shield. It's really not his game.

and is jose's hair getting thinner? It would be hilarious if he wound up looking like Nicky Butt by easter.

Comment

I've a feeling Spurs will get a man sent off and fuck this up.

Providing Otamendi remembers his invisibility cloak

Comment

A draw would be ideal.

Comment

Hmm this could be Pep's version of Leicester 5-3 man utd. The game where he suddenly learns just how brutal the premier league can be. He's already taken steps to deal with the way spurs play.

Fernando and Fernandinho are clearly there to sit in front of the back four to deal with all the spurs players charging towards the city goal, with their tricky nuggets trying to catch spurs on the break. unfortunately theres nothing they can do about kolorov not knowing to angle his body away from goal when the ball is crossed, or otamendi not being the sharpest tool in the defensive box.

Comment

well this is a very eventful match. That penalty incident was a cataclysmic cavalcade of cock ups, and then he missed.

Sterling has gone full psycho. I don't know how he wasn't sent off there at least for a second yellow.

Comment

I very much hope that this version of Man City turn up against Liverpool.

Comment

Calvert wrote: I've a feeling Spurs will get a man sent off and fuck this up.
                                              Sorry to disappoint you. That was our best performance of the season - and I'm sure I wouldn't normally be saying that about a game in which we did so much defending and mucked up a penalty.

Sixth win on the bounce. Good times.

Comment

you're not going to enjoy spurs being good unless you relax about this whole people-expecting-spurs-to-fold-like-a-well-ironed-newspaper thing. We've had 134 years of one kind of spurs, and it's going to take a while of consistently not messing up before people expect them not to mess things up.

Comment

Oh, I'm under no illusions about my team's recent reputation for screwing up. Which - let's be accurate - hadn't really been a trait for '134 years'. (As those who follow the game - rather than merely the activities of one team - would tell you.) But that didn't happen today, did it?

What a strange comment indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X