The Girl With All The Gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else seen this zombie flick this week? Course, it's a bit more than just a zombie film, but I found it very enjoyable. Sennia Nanua is superb as the girl in the title, with Gemma Arterton, Paddy Considine and Glenn Close all excellent. Very tense, occasionally gory and for a low budget film, the effects are pretty good.

Not yet but I shall - the book was great, I thought.

I have high hopes for the film.

Comment

The first 50 pages of the book were among the most heartbreaking I have ever read. I hope the film does that justice.

Comment

I haven't read the book, but the early part of the film is heartbreaking.

Saw it on the spur at Glasgow Film Theatre on Friday- excellent stuff, made all the better cos I didn't know what the horror/threat was (had heard literally nowt about it, almost always the best way).

Anybody know where the concrete shopping centre location is..? the credits said Stoke and Birmingham as general locations.

Comment

I've just finished reading the book. Probably won't see the film even though I know what happens because there were enough 'jumpy' bits in the book. The author wrote it and the screenplay at the same time and it kind of shows. There are a lot more cutaways and sudden rescues in the book than you find in most books. In that sense I felt it was very filmic.

I thought overall it was a very sad book ending with a sort of bleak hope. I enjoyed reading it although enjoyed is probably the wrong word. I got kind of hooked and wanted to see how it ended.

Comment

Saw this over the weekend and absolutely loved it. I'd had the basic premise spoiled, obviously, which I'm sure lessened some of its impact, but it was still very well executed even without any real shock value. Some really great character moments. Loved the ending in particular. Also, from a nerdy perspective, the fact that they did more with the Cordyceps concept than just use it as an excuse for zombieism.

Comment

Working...
            X