Be careful what you wish for.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful what you wish for.

Well, finally, the Bath City community ownership is happening. IT has been a fair few years since it was first mooted and a Supporters Society set up in order to buy enough shares to turn the club into a community-owned one and about 16 months since we officially launched the bid to raise £750,000 after being given the opportunity by the existing board. We failed to reach that target this time but did raise a pretty amazing £300,000 in 3 months last year but months of negotiations since plus a proposed redevelopment plan that will pay off the existing board members' debts led to a frantic single month to get the original pledgers to reconfirm. That amount was reached today which means that the Supporters Society will have the majority of directors on the board, the major say in the running of the club and the redevelopment.

Having been more involved in the club than I ever expected to be, I now know that there is a lot of work that is going to have to happen to keep the club running let alone getting it more organised and sorting out a redevelopment. Luckily, I won't have much to do with all that but even the small bit I have been doing and will carry on doing is busy enough. Luckily enough, however, match days are pretty normal for me so I won't be having to do all the schmoozing in the directors' bar.

Anyway, as the mythical curse goes, we are living in interesting times.
Working...
X