Brexit, and Ryanair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit, and Ryanair

Duncan Gardner wrote: What's an externality?

I'm guessing most lobbies in Ireland (not just aggressive businessmen like O'Leary) would argue that, as a small island, there's a greater reliance on air traffic than most other places in Europe.

I like to travel from the English Midlands to Belfast by the 'traditional' route (ie by ship via Liverpool or Stranraer). It's a 12 or 13 hour journey (a little less by car than train). Whereas a puddlejumper from Birmingham Airport is basically a bus in the sky for three quarters of an hour...
    That's your prerogative, nothing wrong with it.

But a flight from Birmingham to London or Glasgow?

Please, surely not.

Comment

Brexit, and Ryanair

Guy Profumo wrote: That's your prerogative, nothing wrong with it.

Please, surely not
      Manchester to London a better illustration surely (there are no scheduled flights from Birmingham to either of the others, they are so close). A lot of the travellers from Ringway will be connecting to international services at Heathrow or Gatwick, as opposed to claiming the trains are too expensive or their time on them too precious.

Comment

Brexit, and Ryanair

What's an externality?
        Costs/benefits of economic activity that aren't borne by the actor.

Comment

Brexit, and Ryanair

Duncan Gardner wrote:
          Originally posted by Guy Profumo
          That's your prerogative, nothing wrong with it.

Please, surely not
          Manchester to London a better illustration surely (there are no scheduled flights from Birmingham to either of the others, they are so close). A lot of the travellers from Ringway will be connecting to international services at Heathrow or Gatwick, as opposed to claiming the trains are too expensive or their time on them too precious.
          I'm not talking about the connecting flights, just the direct ones used by people wanting to travel between those two cities.

That's fine too, and, that'd be regarded as a flight from Manchester to say, rather than Manchester - London, surely?

Comment

This is the most bonkers legal argument I've seen in a long time. I expect it from Ryanair, but IAG?

Comment

Why are french Air Traffic controls on strike for three weeks every year, when the second highest is a little under 4 days.

Comment

French public sector unions go on strike when someone gets a paper cut. <makes that French moue and shrugs>

Comment

Working...
                X