Clear All

Long March on Moscow - WC Qualifiers, Europe

FUCK. Malta have scored.

Comment

That's more like it Scotland. Twats.

Comment

I like Chris Martin. When he plays for Scotland, he is not releasing shit albums.

Comment

Not easy to break down a negative side only concerned with hoofing it. It'll be interesting to see if Malta can manage it in the second half.

Comment

hardeharhar.

Resistance is futile.

Comment

That band is fucking annoying.

Comment

Everyone else is playing for second place in this group.

Comment

Just watching the "highlights " of England's game, can anyone explain why England, who normally play in white are wearing red and Slovakia , who play in blue, are wearing white

Comment

Pretty sure white is current first kit colour for Slovakia, wiki thinks so too.

Comment

Fair enough

Comment

Finland v Kosovo tomorrow. Bit of history there.

Also Foroyar v Magyarország on Tuesday.

Comment

The England match was shit on a stick.
                          But without the stick.

Comment

Regarding Finland v Kosovo, not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere on here :

Kosovo’s first World Cup qualifier takes place in Turku on Monday evening and Bunjaki is still awaiting confirmation from Fifa that half a dozen of his best players will be eligible. That was hindrance enough on Saturday; imagine, then, the inconvenience when Kosovo were informed the final decision would not be given until 3pm on matchday, fewer than seven hours before kick-off.

Comment

Scotland were ace, we're the new Wales.

Comment

RobM wrote: Scotland were ace, we're the new Wales.
                                I'm hoping we're still the old Wales, or at least the Wales of the last two years.

Anxious about tonight though, memories of the difficult games (and away defeat) against Moldova in the mid-nineties and our struggles to break down Andorra in the last qualifying campaign.

Comment

I'm hoping we're still the old Wales
                                  I reckon you could do Leyton Orient these days

Comment

jameswba wrote: Thank God I didn't pay to go and watch that. England were dire, but won because Skrtel has shit for brains.
                                    Sometimes I swear I'm watching a different game from the whole planet: I seem to recall everyone telling me how England had 'got it right' against Russia in the Euros, whereas I couldn't see anything at all to suggest even a vague game plan (which, obviously, was borne out as the tournament progressed).

Similarly, last night - although I only caught the last half hour - I thought England played a darn sight better than I've seen in some good while. (Which, admittedly, isn't saying a great deal.)

As for Scotland, they maximised the opportunity, yes - but they were playing Malta...

Comment

Jah Womble wrote:
                                      Originally posted by jameswba
                                      Thank God I didn't pay to go and watch that. England were dire, but won because Skrtel has shit for brains.
                                      Sometimes I swear I'm watching a different game from the whole planet: I seem to recall everyone telling me how England had 'got it right' against Russia in the Euros, whereas I couldn't see anything at all to suggest even a vague game plan (which, obviously, was borne out as the tournament progressed).

Similarly, last night - although I only caught the last half hour - I thought England played a darn sight better than I've seen in some good while. (Which, admittedly, isn't saying a great deal.)

As for Scotland, they maximised the opportunity, yes - but they were playing Malta...
                                      Can't you just be happy for us? While I was looking forward to the game it was with a bit of a knot in my stomach, just pleased to have put the game away as well as we did when we were given a gift by the referee.

Agreed on the England game though, for the last half hour they were pretty incessant and the goal, when it came, was deserved.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote: Ha ha! Excellent!
                                        By the way, I wasn't laughing at Harry's post, I was laughing at England's goal and Lallana's wobbly breasts...

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote: I was laughing at England's goal and Lallana's wobbly breasts...
                                          Is he a footballing teletubby?

Comment

Lallana has wobbly breasts? He's clearly advertising the wrong product.

RobM wrote:
                                            Originally posted by Jah Womble
                                            Thank God I didn't pay to go and watch that. England were dire, but won because Skrtel has shit for brains.

Can't you just be happy for us? While I was looking forward to the game it was with a bit of a knot in my stomach, just pleased to have put the game away as well as we did when we were given a gift by the referee.
                                            Scotland 'did a job', which is always commendable. The penalty/first red were gifts, yes, but the remainder of their second-half play easily merited the result. There y'go, that's me being a little more generous.

Comment

I turned off 5Live's commentary on Slovakia-England as the match entered the 94th minute and Theo Walcott (or was it Sturridge?) spooned what turned out to be England's penultimate chance over the bar. Didn't see the result till a few hours later.

Way to dampen any vestigial traces of new manager feelgood factor. Good to know we can trust Big Sam to give it to us straight.

Comment

Scotland 'did a job', which is always commendable.

Germany do a job. Italy do a job. Spain, Portugal, England, France, Croatia do jobs.

There is no such thing as Scotland "doing a job" - we've choked on far, far smaller minnows than Malta before, especially away from home.

Comment

Just watched ITV's "highlights" programme from last night and am I right in thinking that they only showed the first half highlights from the Scotland match?

They gave the result at the end of the programme but only showed it up till half-time when it was 1-1 (unless my online ITVplayer stream was playing up).

Comment

Jah Womble wrote: Lallana has wobbly breasts? He's clearly advertising the wrong product.

Originally posted by RobM
                                                    Originally posted by Jah Womble

Scotland 'did a job', which is always commendable. The penalty/first red were gifts, yes, but the remainder of their second-half play easily merited the result. There y'go, that's me being a little more generous.
                                                    Heh heh heh, cheers. Any positive result's a good one for us.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X