Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile, check out this pathetic stuff from the Vice-Snowflake of the US

Comment

Sad news for UK viewers. Must admit I liked his presentation style - http://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12...r-dies-aged-62

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
        Sad news for UK viewers. Must admit I liked his presentation style - http://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12...r-dies-aged-62
        Cadle was a lot of fun. It seems he got a virus and just ...died, for lack of a better term, according to Mike Carlson. He was tweeting just a few days ago about JJ Watt.

Going undermentioned here is he is probably the best coach in the history of British basketball, winning title after title and coaching the GB, English and Scottish national teams.

Comment

Oh damn, that's awful. I did wonder why Neil Reynolds was Sky's NFL frontman all of a sudden rather than just being a panellist (I don't have Sky and only see the games live when I visit the senior blamelesses), but I didn't see any mention that Kevin was poorly.

RIP big guy.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/923917970501496833

Comment

Grumpy Old Man moment.

I really, really despise when players celebrate making a tackle. Particularly on a nothing sort of play. It drives me nuts.

Can you imagine if they did that in other sports? Or, in fact, if any of us ran around doing a high-knee kick celebration every time we did the things we were meant to do several times a day in our job, like booking a conference room, or getting some code to compile without a segmentation fault or undeclared variable complaint.

Comment

What do you mean, imagine?
                Boo-ya!

Comment

The Bears' TE Zach Miller dislocated his knee when landing yesterday, now news has come out that it's far more serious than just a dislocation and that an artery was severely damaged. Vascular surgeons are working to save his leg.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                    Grumpy Old Man moment.

I really, really despise when players celebrate making a tackle. Particularly on a nothing sort of play. It drives me nuts.

Can you imagine if they did that in other sports? Or, in fact, if any of us ran around doing a high-knee kick celebration every time we did the things we were meant to do several times a day in our job, like booking a conference room, or getting some code to compile without a segmentation fault or undeclared variable complaint.
                    Of course. Don't you do that? You're not living your best life.

Comment

Not been keeping a very close eye on this season tbh but just noticed that the Jags are in a playoff place as things stand? And a couple of very winnable looking home games next.

Comment

Aaron Hernandez had the most severe case of CTE ever seen in someone of his age.

Comment

Of all the positions, Tight End seems to be the worst of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                            Not been keeping a very close eye on this season tbh but just noticed that the Jags are in a playoff place as things stand? And a couple of very winnable looking home games next.
                            Now 6-3 with Browns next. Saw highlights of their win over San Diego Chargers and basically it seems that the D (especially) and O lines are solid, the receivers are clued up, and everything depends on how many terrible errors Bortles makes or doesn't make. He's like the David James of quarterbacks.

Comment

UK viewers need to watch NFL This Week (week 10). Osi was in outrageously good form.
                              Last edited by Kevin S; 16-11-2017, 10:03.

Comment

Now 6-3 with Browns next. Saw highlights of their win over San Diego Chargers and basically it seems that the D (especially) and O lines are solid, the receivers are clued up, and everything depends on how many terrible errors Bortles makes or doesn't make. He's like the David James of quarterbacks.
                                That defeat was Pure Chargers Gold. Losing by a single score is standard practise. But managing to concede a tying field goal in the last 2 seconds, then throwing a interception in OT to lose was utter magic.

Comment

It was a very silly game, and there's a nice summary of the silliness here. I thought Rivers still had a bit of time to choose his pass on that final interception; quite why he went for the low percentage pass to the guy who was double-marked I'm not sure, but he tried to make up for it by hitting Bouye hard when he was running the return, and then apparently trash-talking to him too.

Comment

And Rivers is on concussion protocol, too. Maybe as a result of that hit? For those of us who just want to see the Chargers suck so bad that Dean Spanos goes broke, this is magical stuff.

Comment

fuck that.

Comment

Browns, 49ers and Giants all now mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Comment

Yeah, but did you see Jimmy G's two completions? Yeah baby!

Comment

Jimmy Graham is turning into a decent offensive weapon for the Squawks, yeah. Haven't seen them use the tight end like this in recent seasons.

Oh. Oh. You mean San Franciso's Jimmy G. Mmmm.

Last edited by Kevin S; 27-11-2017, 16:04.

Comment

I suspect I'm not the only person who wishes they'd backed Kap this season. They'd still have been shite, but at least would have the moral highground in the NFL.

Comment

The 49ers are the one blameless team in the Kaep blackballing. They had him, backed him, gave him the Len Eshmont Award (the most prestigious thing a 49er can win), and are rebuilding for the future.

I think his cap hit would also be much higher for them, but I don't understand NFL cap rules very well.

Comment

Jimmy Graham is turning into a decent offensive weapon for the Squawks, yeah. Haven't seen them use the tight end like this in recent seasons.
                                                  I dunno he drops a few that he should catch IMHO. I actually like Willson at tight end — probably because he's Canadian eh?

Comment

Talking of Canadian Football, I see conditions were less than ideal for the Grey Cup.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X