Dubious Wikipeda sentences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would so love this to be true, but I refuse to commit. In the Wikipedia entry for Rochdale Town Hall:

The building came to the attention of Adolf Hitler, who was said to have admired it so much that he wished to ship the building, brick-by-brick, to Nazi Germany had the United Kingdom been defeated in the Second World War.
    I also read somewhere Albert Speer was another fan. Rochdale Town Hall is nice though.

The Beeb looked into this

Comment

Nice one. Better update Wikipedia then.

Comment

The other day I was looking at the Wikipedia entry for KV Mechelen and noticed that it had their nickname down as De Kakkers.

I assumed this was Wikipedia vandalism by one of their rivals, but on further investigation, it's everywhere. So either the internet vandals have been extremely thorough, or they really do call themselves the Shitters.

Unfortunately, I have been completely unable to find out why. Maybe the OTF hivemind can help out.

Comment

Alternative meaning of the collective term "kakkers" is posh people. Your average field hockey parents would fit the term.

Obviously this is not a complete explanation, but it looks like a missing piece of the puzzle.

Comment

Ah, OK, Racing being the poor relations. That might make sense, thanks. Even so, it's very tempting to follow the the Cackers.

Comment

Well, the classic is the one about Anna-Frid out of Abba.

wikipedia says

Frida also has an interest in racing pigeons and is actively involved in the UK. She is the Honorary President of the Hardwick Homing Society in Stockton On Tees. She also competes as a partner in a team in the same club "Cunningham, Nixon, Lyngstad". Lyngstad also owns several homes in the UK; one in Newcastle Upon Tyne, another in London and another, shared home in the Yorkshire Dales.

In April 2016, Frida's agent, Gorel Hanser wrote this, "It is true she holds an honorary membership and that she and Gordon Nixon have been in contact. However, she does not have any interest in racing pigeons, she has never visited the club or has not in any way been active."

Comment

Therefore, no one has ever seen an echidna ejaculate. There have been previous attempts, trying to force the echidna to ejaculate through the use of electrically stimulated ejaculation in order to obtain semen samples but has only resulted in the penis swelling.[19]

Comment

Stumpy, that thread title is driving me up the wall.

Comment

Working...
                  X