Last train to Chaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last train to Chaska

Next couple of hours are going to be critical. This morning could end up anything from 9-3 (all over) to 7-5 to Europe (incredible) yet.

Comment

Last train to Chaska

Looks likely to end 7-5 to the US, which keeps everything well balanced.

McIlroy is playing very well.

Comment

Last train to Chaska

Spieth and Reed totally blew up at the back end of the final foursome. That's got to damage them mentally for their next matches.

Comment

Last train to Chaska

LEE WESTWOOD - LEARN TO FUCKING PUTT!

What a bell-end. His atrocious putting has cost him at least three majors over the years, and now (almost certainly in the countback) this Ryder Cup.

Comment

Last train to Chaska

I couldn't believe it when Clarke put Kaymer and Westwood out again this afternoon. Surely any of the rookies would have done much better.

There are some eminently beatable Americans in that team but they only need five wins which should be a pretty straightforward task.

It sounds like the crowd got really bad this afternoon and the USA players are having to try and get them to shut up at the tee and on the greens while Europe's golfers are trying to play.

Rory had a face off with one who leaned over and screamed "Suck a dick!" at him between holes and had him thrown out.

"Worst galleries since Brookline" is a comment I've seen a few times and the common American response that it is the same over here just doesn't wash.

Comment

Last train to Chaska

Love really should have gotten on the tannoy and told these clowns that their behaviour would not be tolerated shortly after McIlroy got the guy tossed for screaming at him about a sex act.

The unfortunate truth is that US Ryder Cup crowds include a significant number of deplorables (and I'm not just talking about the guy who passed out on the 15th, only to be covered in empties by his "mates").

Comment

Last train to Chaska

I would have put Reed as a banker for the US in the singles. He is playing inspired golf, a bit like Poulter has in the past. The one man i thought could stop him was McIlroy and that has come to be the match.

If McIlroy does put out that fire then i can see Europe being level after the first 3 matches.

Comment

Last train to Chaska

ursus arctos wrote: Love really should have gotten on the tannoy and told these clowns that their behaviour would not be tolerated shortly after McIlroy got the guy tossed for screaming at him about a sex act.

The unfortunate truth is that US Ryder Cup crowds include a significant number of deplorables (and I'm not just talking about the guy who passed out on the 15th, only to be covered in empties by his "mates").
                  I think the only way you might stop it is if a U.S. player does a Payne Stewart and concedes a hole because of the abuse (easier to do when you've already won the cup, I know).

Comment

Last train to Chaska

I was thinking that yesterday when a guy roared out as Stenson was about to putt. I think the fan shouted to Justin Rose that he was blocking the view. Reed and Spieth got annoyed and tried to calm things down but i thought it would have been better if they just told Stenson to pick up his ball and move on.

Comment

Last train to Chaska

I blame Theresa May.

Comment

Last train to Chaska

Last 9 Ryder Cups in America.

83-US
                        87-Europe
                        91-US
                        95-Europe
                        99-US
                        04-Europe
                        08-US
                        12-Europe
                        16-US

Get your bets on Europe for Whistling Straits in 2020.

Comment

Last train to Chaska

I stand by my previous comments.

Comment

Last train to Chaska

Perhaps they only apply, to a certain degree, for a Ryder Cup the U.S. host. I'm already signed up to go in 2018 and expecting a fantastic event and atmosphere.

It is one of THE great world sporting events, live or televised, and to dismiss it out of hand due to the actions of a lunatic fringe is ridiculous.

Anything that produces the skill, tension and drama of the Micklelson v Garcia and Reed v Rory matches yesterday amply demonstrates it's value.

Comment

Last train to Chaska

That Mickelson-Garcia match was the absolute highlight of an otherwise dreadful day. What did they both shoot, 63?

How Sergio Garcia plays like that in Ryder Cups, but not in majors, remains one of sport's great mysteries. I suppose the same is true of Ian "world number two" Poulter.

Comment

Last train to Chaska

Ray de Galles wrote: Perhaps they only apply, to a certain degree, for a Ryder Cup the U.S. host. I'm already signed up to go in 2018 and expecting a fantastic event and atmosphere.

It is one of THE great world sporting events, live or televised, and to dismiss it out of hand due to the actions of a lunatic fringe is ridiculous.

Anything that produces the skill, tension and drama of the Micklelson v Garcia and Reed v Rory matches yesterday amply demonstrates it's value.

The lunatic/intoxicated fringe always have an outsized influence on the overall environment at any sporting event.

It's only one of THE world's greatest sporting events for people who like golf. I can't deal with golf. It's so environmentally destructive and awash in assholes. And it's dull on TV. So many commercials. So much nothingness. At least in the Ryder Cup format, every player is doing something that potentially contributes to the overall outcome. All golf on TV should be like that. Better than tournaments where most of the time is spent showing players who are well off the lead and have no chance. Where's the drama in that?

Plus, if Europe gets to use all of Europe, why can't our side use players from Mexico, Canada, and the Carribean? Seems unfair.

Comment

Last train to Chaska

Hot Pepsi wrote:
                                  Originally posted by Ray de Galles
                                  Perhaps they only apply, to a certain degree, for a Ryder Cup the U.S. host. I'm already signed up to go in 2018 and expecting a fantastic event and atmosphere.

The lunatic/intoxicated fringe always have an outsized influence on the overall environment at any sporting event.

It's only one of THE world's greatest sporting events for people who like golf. I can't deal with golf. It's so environmentally destructive and awash in assholes. And it's dull on TV. So many commercials. So much nothingness. At least in the Ryder Cup format, every player is doing something that potentially contributes to the overall outcome. All golf on TV should be like that. Better than tournaments where most of the time is spent showing players who are well off the lead and have no chance. Where's the drama in that?

Plus, if Europe gets to use all of Europe, why can't our side use players from Mexico, Canada, and the Carribean? Seems unfair.
                                  Had your side lost this weekend I would have expected calls for that to have come up again and perhaps been pursued. I'm not sure any of the stakeholders in U.S. golf would be in favour of it though.

I may be wrong but I think the number of golfers (recreational and professional) in the U.S dwarves that in Europe so you really should currently have a built-in advantage.

I'd take issue with you about the Ryder Cup's appeal being limited to golf fans. I find it is the one event in the sport''s calendar that has a much wider appeal and crosses over hugely to people who don't otherwise follow the game.

In the nicest possible way (genuinely), why come on a Ryder Cup thread at all you can't deal with golf? Wasn't it you who said "Don't be that guy" to whoever it was that came on the Olympics thread just to trash it?

Comment

Working...
                                  X