So, the third placed qualifiers then.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bordeaux Education wrote: Bloody hell, yes, the last 16 was no indicator of quality at all
    No. You might as well say the qualifiers didn't indicate quality. I mean, some deadbeat teams were so shite they scored even less than NI and still scraped in.

In saying that, I don't think anyone should progress automatically
    Yes. Same should apply to the FA Cup Extra Prelims fwiw...

Comment

Duncan Gardner wrote:
      Originally posted by Bordeaux Education
      Bloody hell, yes, the last 16 was no indicator of quality at all
      No. You might as well say the qualifiers didn't indicate quality. I mean, some deadbeat teams were so shite they scored even less than NI and still scraped in.
      Well, no. The qualifiers allow teams to move to the next progression in the competition not miss out four years of competing.

Comment

Bordeaux Education wrote:
        Well, no. The qualifiers allow teams to move to the next progression in the competition not miss out four years of competing
        Well, no (so effectively yes?).

We're agreed that there's no need for anyone to get a bye: I'd go a bit further and suggest a need that nobody does. So your point above hardly applies- we're only arguing about whether Northern Ireland are shite and/or deserving of gentle patronisation

Comment

My whole point above was that no-one deserved a bye. Aside from the hosts, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
          X