This Milo whatsisname (no longer) on Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't argue that. But it's easy to overestimate how well known something is when it's part of your world. "Very famous amongst a tiny group" is probably more common than ever thanks to the internet.

[To CV]

Comment

I'm with GY on this.

There is a clear connection among these clowns, MRAs (Men's Rights Activists) and the "Alt-Right" that is part of Trumpism, and all of them devote massive time and attention to silencing women's voices (and in extreme cases, such as Santa Barbara, silencing women permanently).

Comment

I just saw the new Ghostbusters. (About an hour ago.)
        I quite liked it. It was alright. It was a bit vanilla I suppose, but worth a couple of hours of my time. I think it's great that the main cast were all women, I just wish it didn't matter because it was no longer a "thing." Long way to go before the arseholes all disappear though, I suppose.

The original is one of my all time favourite movies (partly because it came out when I was about 12, I guess.) I fail to see how this film affects that in any way. If anything was going to destroy the legacy, it was the fucking woeful sequel.

Comment

It would have been a lot more worthwhile if Sony had simply decided to make a film based around four interesting female characters, be they superhero-type figures or whatever, instead of yet another fucking remake of something old.

I should probably mention at this point that I carry no torch for the original Ghostbusters and have never even seen it. I just hate remakes.

Comment

I guess I agree with you and disagree at the same time. On one hand, 13 Saudis have irrevocably influence the US. On the other hand, my daughter always references 'famous' Youtubers who probably couldn't influence tonight's dinner menu.

I don't doubt this twat and his ilk have caused great harm in a small circle, but their outside influence is likely very small. I'm skeptical that they're affecting any national dialogue on women's rights.
            On the first point, these Youtubers/Viners etc are famous among young people. Certainly more famous than, say, politicians. And not just a niche of young people, but across the board.

And even in the seeming niches, we're talking a lot of potential impact. The CS:GO gambling blow-up, which centred around a bunch of very-famous-on-Youtube scamsters, probably passed underneath your radar, but it's a $7bn industry.

Comment

hobbes wrote: Long way to go before the arseholes all disappear though, I suppose.
              Most (all?) vertebrates having evolved them, I doubt they'll drop out existence…

Comment

It's a capricious god that put the entertainment district so close to the sewage plant.

Comment

The little I could make out about all of this, is that this Milo is a self-important little douche, who makes racist remarks, and then justifies them by saying he sucks black cock.

Also, he is bleating on about the First Amendment and 'free speech' etc, but he is a Greek-born Brit, so quite possibly it doesn't apply to him.

I assume he has money? I can't imagine he would be 'working class' and get away with this sort of shit.

Oh, and WOM: 'Sewage Plant'? I point you to the Big Book of (absolutely not, no siree) Kanye.

Comment

The First Amendment has no application to a private entity's application of its Terms of Service, no matter what the nationality of the individual making the claim.

Comment

To GY's point on the Counter Strike gambling scandal

Comment

Yeah, but First Amendment would only apply to a [strike]resident[/strike] person currently in the US, surely? Although, it is quite possible that he lives in uptown New York.

Comment

Christ. What an arsehole.

https://twitter.com/thierrybaudet/status/755807239361929216

Comment

Oh, fantastic. Apparently one of the CS:GO gambling sites is CS:Goatse.

Comment

I love it when a plan comes together

Comment

GY, can you translate that for me? i can't keep up with this shit

Comment

Do not, whatever you do, research Goatse. At least, not around mealtimes.

Comment

Not sure a translation is going to do much good if you're not familiar with the referents, but anyway:

CS:GO - very popular online shooter from Valve, in which people can buy and trade "skins" for their guns.

CS:GO gambling: wagering skins on sites which are not run by Valve, but plug into their API, sometimes on the outcome of matches, sometimes just on a random number generator run by the site. Recently it emerged that a number of Youtube celebrities in fact owned the CS:GO gambling site(s) they were promoting in their videos, without disclosing ownership. There are also allegations that the RNGs were rigged for promo videos and/or in favour of the owners.

Goatse - infamous image and frequent source of memes/rickrolling which should under no circumstances be Googled.

Comment

Is there really anyone on the planet who doesn't know what goatse is?

Anyway, cheers for the precis, GY. I was a bit lost myself.

Comment

Goatse is off back to Dortmund, I heard.

Comment

Toby Gymshorts wrote: Is there really anyone on the planet who doesn't know what goatse is?
                                          Erm...

And I've never seen Ghostbusters, never mind the remake/sequel/whateverthefuck.

Comment

Well, Calv, you'll have literally seconds of fun finding out.

Comment

And a lifetime of eyeball scrubbing.

Comment

Not while there's a sock drawer to rearrange

Ignorance really is bliss

Comment

It's always interesting to be on the same side as Dee...

Comment

Ghostbusters is pretty good, man. You should watch it instead of listening to your Blink 182 CDs.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X