The Road to Murrayfield: Rugby Union 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, the Pro12 fixtures have been published, with Sunday games scrapped, and six "Big Weekends" of intra-union derbies. In terms of the European Cup draw, it looks exceedingly difficult for any of the Celtic sides to progress, with Leinster perhaps standing the best chance.

Not that it's my business, but don't the RU threads on here usually run by calendar years?

Comment

We generally have them leading to a big event Kevchenko, last season it was to the RWC and this season was to the Rio Olympic Sevens.

Comment

They've always been calendar years before, even when the titles have referred to specific events/competitions.

It's going to be messy running two simultaneously.

The Pro12 final (I presume that's what the title refers to?) is hardly a "big event" worthy of a year/season thread either.

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote: They've always been calendar years before, even when the titles have referred to specific events/competitions.

It's going to be messy running two simultaneously.

The Pro12 final (I presume that's what the title refers to?) is hardly a "big event" worthy of a year/season thread either.

The European Cup final's in Edinburgh this year. Seems strange to have calendar year threads, when the season runs September to May.

Comment

That's what we've always done. Partly because the Six Nations is at the start of the year and that is always the peak traffic for any rugby thread (with the possible exception of a RWC year but even then I think the 6N may win out).

I don't think anyone is really thinking about the domestic/club season right now and probably won't even be by September.

Whatevs, though.

Comment

Working...
            X