Noah's Ark Theme Park Prediction League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, maybe that's a bit too grand. But ... and this is a real thing ... a guy in Kentucky has built a 100 million dollar theme park around a 'full size' replica of Noah's Ark. Of course he has.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/controversial-noahs-ark-replica-prepares-for-opening-in-kentucky/article30764313/

I'm putting my money on 'closed and broke' within three years.

Longer than:

Comment

I will definitely take the over on that, WOM.

The Creation Museum (also in Kentucky) will celebrate its tenth anniversary next year.

Barnum was right.

Comment

The Creation Museum was fully funded by private donations, while he's financing the ark (as you do). But you may be right.

Comment

As tax-break giveaways go, that's not really worse than many others. Yeah, it's fucking ridiculous for all the reasons stated, but ultimately it's a tourist trap like any other. Credulous sciencephobes' money will, or won't, support local restaurants and motels the same as any other kind of tourist.

I suspect about 70% of the visitors will be benighted fundamentalists and the other 30% will be hipsters enjoying it ironically, perhaps on the same trip as the RV/Motorhome Hall of Fame in Indiana.

Comment

Hipsters in KY?

Comment

Working...
            X