Damn the DWP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn the DWP

A nasty knock on from the Brexit shambles is that the Government is being left to roll on with the common or garden nastiness with even less chance of being held to account than usual.

Comment

Damn the DWP

I say this on every thread, but here goes.

The people bringing in this abhorent shit at least feel, as part of the course of normal politics, that you consult a bit and give the appearance you've responded to the concerns. Even if you don't believe them, you can read there stuff like "we recognize this could be a problem, but we'll do that to make sure it isn't".

cf Brexit- done on the back of a rabble rousing speech. No sign that anybody's even drawn up a SWOT chart for the sectors of the economy we're looking to get deals on.

Comment

Damn the DWP

Early Day Motion to stop cuts to disability benefits

Ask your MP to sign. Share this on all your social media. Tell your friends.

Comment

Damn the DWP

MP duly written to, dm.

I took the opportunity to express my disappointment at their approach to Brexit too, which hopefully didn't distract too much from the main point. I was scrupulously polite throughout the communication.

Comment

Damn the DWP

Research finds WCAs cause permanent damage to mental health

Comment

Damn the DWP

I'll just leave this here -

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2017/03/14/bedroom-tax-couple-in-court-as-dwp-try-to-block-future-appea

Comment

Damn the DWP

Possibly the single most barbaric thing this government has done. Enacted with no debate or parliamentary vote

Warning - reading this made me feel sick. Untrained people will interrogate raped women to judge their entitlement to tax credits.

Passed using a Statutory Instrument, hence no need for parliamentary approval. This is an increasingly popular way for these bastards to make policy.

Comment

Damn the DWP

Thanks

I was going to post this when I saw it this afternoon.

This country.

What sort of CUNT thinks this is in any way acceptable?

Comment

Damn the DWP

On a point of order, Statutory Instruments DO require Parliamentary approval, or at least (in a negative resolution) the absence of a Parliamentary motion to annul the SI.

So you could lobby your MP to raise such a motion (a prayer) within 40 days to annul this if you wanted.

Comment

Damn the DWP

Thank you Rogin, I'll look into that.

PIP cuts passed after Labour abstain in the Lords for some fucking reason

Baroness Sherlock is a really unfortunate name. It's like being called Terry Fuckwitt.

Comment

Damn the DWP

Another court defeat for the government over the bedroom tax

This time it's the government's appeal against a previous court ruling that's been defeated.

"The couple, who have attended court regularly despite the distance from Southport where they live to the courts in London, were unable to attend the latest proceedings because of a flare-up in Jacqueline’s condition."

Comment

Damn the DWP

Scotland bans private firms from carrying out benefit assessments

Not a guarantee of better treatment, but nonetheless thanks, SNP.

Comment

Damn the DWP

Hi delicatemoth
                            Tubby knows me from elsewhere and my (obsessional) concerns on such things.

indeed a welcome shift,not least in recent Labour thinking.I will happen to vote Labour.

crucially any assessment depends on intent and genuine coproduction,rather than profit motivated and demonisation as part of political machination IMHO.

I am not sick/disabled but my late wife was.Obviously I don't know your circumstances but look after yourself,because you are worth it
                            A

Comment

Damn the DWP

Hey, nice to see you here.

The DWP stuff looks good there. Restoring the £30 to the work related activity group ESA caught my eye.

Comment

Damn the DWP

Hi

Cheers.

A

Comment

Damn the DWP

Welcome, Hindle A.

Comment

Damn the DWP

Thanks.

Comment

Damn the DWP

The latest bleak DWP viciousness revealed by FOI request

"...one of the DWP’s Key Performance Indicators – a management device through which the relevant civil servants’ achievements and promotion prospects are measured – is that the decisions in at least 80% of these cases should be upheld in the department’s favour following mandatory reconsideration."

If the government are re-elected we'll probably see the end of FOI requests, won't we? Far too useful to the public and they could trumpet savings of a couple of hundred quid.

Comment

Damn the DWP

Though some question as to whether this is a badly phrased response and means of original decisions.There is so much obfuscation and little connection between words and previously agreed definitions,quite often to mean the exact opposite where necessary rooms for care are deemed spare,and the like.Less people moving before policy is a success etc,before you get to the politicised language and skewing of what should be neutral statistics.

Comment

Damn the DWP

I know I always say this with stuff, but could benefits policy be depoliticized a bit? Stuff like the annual uprating (or not) gets pulled out of IDS''s arse. In the same way as we used to have the minimum wage decided by a board, couldn't that be done with benefits?

Comment

Damn the DWP

Uprating is based on previous September's inflation figures.Osborne changed the measure used,unsurprisingly to an historically lower gauge and froze the majority of them.I know you know this,but even if nominally agreed method,politicos can still adjust to their ends.

Comment

UN confirms UK govt's "grave" and "systematic" violations of Disability Conventionhttps://www.disabilitynewsservice.co...nd-systematic/

sorry about crap link, can't work out how to edit it. What a busy posting day!

Comment

Ah thread, how I've missed you. Actually it's a good sign when I post here because I can't face looking at this stuff when I'm fragile.

54-year old man found dead on Hartlepool beach after being found fit for work

Mr Oliver said it was clear Mr Metcalf had died as a result of immersion in water, but it was not clear whether he came to be in the sea deliberately or by accident.

“I simply cannot come to the conclusion beyond reasonable doubt that he intended to kill himself and, therefore, the suicide conclusion is not available,” he said.

I feel it is important to note that inquests will not generally record a suicide verdict unless they literally have a smoking gun, a note or similar. The reasons are understandable, but in an instance such as this there is the unfortunate effect of providing the DWP with plausible deniability.

"Clearest evidence yet" that DWP health professionals lie in their assessment reports

Comment

Missed one. This is lovely.

DWP breaks promise to stop harassing traumatised abuse survivor

Comment

DWP paranoia and why people with long term health issues who are benefits-dependent can't do voluntary work anymore

"My voices now echo what I’ve read and listened to in the media over the last 7 yrs and for a few months everything I read I heard in my head in the voice of Ian Duncan Smith which was deeply distressing. Voices call me a ‘useless eater’, and if I go outside will tell me that strangers are ‘proper people’ unlike me because I have no economic or productivity value. I know that my voluntary contribution was highly valued by professionals, but now I’m too afraid to do it so I feel useless and worthless. I used to be proud of what I used to contribute voluntarily, now I feel like scum, and my voices tell me I’m scum. I’m afraid to claim legitimate concessions, do an Adult Education course, speak to people, and are afraid to make any noise in my home because of fearing an anonymous malicious report because they typically occur in our immediate community by people who are uninformed or unhappy with their own circumstances. I so wish I could sing, I would love to sing again but I’m afraid to sing in my home in case neighbours hear me and view it as being self-indulgent and lazy."

Comment

Working...
                                                    X