Next England Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next England Boss

ursus arctos wrote: Do you mean Pellegrini or Ranieri?
    Yes of course I meant Ranieri, though Pellegrini would be a good choice too, and unlike Ranieri, he's available.

Edit: just saw Blanc's name on that odds table, he'd be a very poor fit for England, both culturally and tactically.

Comment

Next England Boss

Has to be Allerdyce. We need someone who can organise and get the best out of a limited resource. We're just not as good as we think we are

Comment

Next England Boss

G-Man wrote:
        Get coach education in England to international standards by first educating the coach educators. They are the structural problem.
        That is good advice. When Germany overhauled its grassroots coaching, my brother -- a youth coach of many years experience and a pedagogue -- was involved in coaching the coach educators and coaches in his province. He was given a very specific curriculum which he and those like him were expected to follow.

The process obviously has borne fruit.
        True, but a good number of Europe's best players were coached at a young age in England or improved greatly after moving TO England, eg Ronaldo and Fabregas. They already had the talent based on their country of birth, however.

Comment

Next England Boss

I'd go for Big Sam. I wonder, though, if Allardyce would walk out in a strop as soon as he gets a negative headline. He seems to crave fan support.

Comment

Next England Boss

When Germany sack Low, England should go all out for him.

That would screw with the minds of the Brexiteering England fan.

Comment

Next England Boss

SydneyToon wrote:
              Originally posted by G-Man
              Get coach education in England to international standards by first educating the coach educators. They are the structural problem.
              That is good advice. When Germany overhauled its grassroots coaching, my brother -- a youth coach of many years experience and a pedagogue -- was involved in coaching the coach educators and coaches in his province. He was given a very specific curriculum which he and those like him were expected to follow.

The process obviously has borne fruit.
              True, but a good number of Europe's best players were coached at a young age in England or improved greatly after moving TO England, eg Ronaldo and Fabregas. They already had the talent based on their country of birth, however.
              I'm thinking more in terms of 12 and 13-year-olds.

Comment

Next England Boss

Is it wrong to think it really funny that the FA are going to speak to Harry Redknapp about the vacant England manager's job and ask him if he has any suggestions as to who they should go for.

Comment

Next England Boss

Far less strange than considering Mancini, Klinsman or Wenger for the job. By appointing a foreign manager, you're instantly making the declaration you expect success.

England need someone who can build a group of players happy to be in each others' company. That person should be able to pick players without pressure and choose a captain who will inspire his colleagues and lead by example. Rooney never has been nor will be that man and I blame him more for England's failure than Hodgson.

Comment

Next England Boss

Sean du Cabanon wrote: Is it wrong to think it really funny that the FA are going to speak to Harry Redknapp about the vacant England manager's job and ask him if he has any suggestions as to who they should go for.
                    Do they plan to do the rounds of all the TV pundits? I find it faintly ridiculous that they need a "picking brains exercise" - proof if needed that the FA is making it up as it goes along.

Comment

Next England Boss

Rumor is that Klinsmann is talking to the FA.

Bielsa for USMNT, please.

Comment

Next England Boss

The Klinsman thing has to be a joke, surely? I'd rather have Steve McClaren.

Comment

Next England Boss

Sean du Cabanon wrote: Is it wrong to think it really funny that the FA are going to speak to Harry Redknapp about the vacant England manager's job and ask him if he has any suggestions as to who they should go for.
                          Ipswich owner Marcus Evans asked Redknapp who he would pick as manager, and we ended up with Paul Jewell.

Comment

Next England Boss

Defensive minded wrote: I hope Bielsa resigning for Lazio after two days has something to do with the England job.
                            I don't think it is but I stuck £2 at 30/1 just in case

Comment

Next England Boss

David Agnew wrote:
                              Originally posted by Sean du Cabanon
                              Is it wrong to think it really funny that the FA are going to speak to Harry Redknapp about the vacant England manager's job and ask him if he has any suggestions as to who they should go for.
                              Sunderland owner Bob Murray once asked Howard Wilkinson who should be the next Sunderland manager and he was told "Howard Wilkinson".
                              Ipswich owner Marcus Evans asked Redknapp who he would pick as manager, and we ended up with Paul Jewell.

Comment

Next England Boss

David Agnew wrote:
                                Originally posted by Sean du Cabanon

Comment

Next England Boss

Bielsa must be the only manager on the planet whose reputation remains completely unaffected by what actually happens in his career.

Comment

Next England Boss

US reaction: "What, you can't take our coach! Oh, okay then, you can have him for $10 million comp. We'll throw in his fucking Buddha statues too."

He's Hoddle with a charming smile.

Comment

Next England Boss

steveeeeeeeee wrote: The Klinsman thing has to be a joke, surely? I'd rather have Steve McClaren.
                                      It's all his buddies acting as sources, probably because he's been a bit under fire in the US for not being appreciably better than Bob Bradley.

Comment

Next England Boss

steveeeeeeeee wrote: Far less strange than considering Mancini, Klinsman or Wenger for the job. By appointing a foreign manager, you're instantly making the declaration you expect success.
                                        I agree. It's also like saying it is far too much hard work to make the necessary infrastructure and coaching changes at all levels and we'll keep our fingers crossed for a tried, trusted and failed route of the Messiah figure delivering what we haven't got the patience to implement.

Comment

Next England Boss

Recently some high paying jobs came up at the place I used to work at. I thought about applying then realised I would be doing it for the money. Not a good enough reason to go back when I had good reasons to leave.

Apart from the ££££ why would anyone remotely qualified want to to take the England job?

Comment

Next England Boss

"Apart from the ££££" Hodgson was on about £3m a year less than Liverpool are now paying Klopp...

Comment

Next England Boss

Yes, but compared to the £400K a year Chris Coleman is reputedly on...

Comment

Next England Boss

Allardyce and Klinsmann to be interviewed by the FA this week.

Klinsmann was my choice.

Comment

Next England Boss

Sam Allardyce for me. The coaching was such an amazing clusterfuck this time that the next incumbent surely can't go backwards.

Of course none of the deep-rooted issues we've talked about on here for 18 years or so have been fixed.

However, several teams showed in this tournament that with the most fundamental approach to coaching in place (such as an actual formation and not changing six players a game when you're deeply-average to start with) England could easily have gone close to making the final.

Klinsmann won't change the culture. It would take 10 years and he'd be fired after four, tops.

Comment

Next England Boss

According to the Guardian, "the FA’s stubborn belief is that its system is not broken".

It doesn't matter who it is, they might as well hire the England band to do the job and have them just parp their trumpets at the players. The more the players "run about a bit" the quieter the parping gets.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X