X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next England Boss

G-Man wrote:
    Originally posted by jefe
    Might I offer one slightly used Jurgen Klinsmann?
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Klinsmann was not just a coach for Germany -- Jogi Löw did the day-to-day, tactics etc. -- but presided over the restructuring of youth training that has created the current supply of excellent players.

Klinsmann didn't do the day-to-day in that regard either, but his experience in being part of that process would be very useful to English football. More so than appointing a journeyman coach.
    Oi! Hands off Klinsmann! I want him at Arsenal.

(I know, I know!)

Then Wenger could 'ascend' to the England job. And since popular opinion seems to blame everything on the French and Germans, lately, in Wenger you'd be getting two for the price of one!

In seriousness, Hiddink is a good call, though - I'd certainly settle for that.

Comment

Next England Boss

I reckon Mourinho would be ace.

Comment

Next England Boss

Just hands off Eddie

Comment

Next England Boss

Defensive minded wrote: Has Klinsmann been sacked as US boss?
          No, and making the semifinals of Copa America likely did enough to save his job, disappointing final game aside.

Comment

Next England Boss

Welcome to the Board, Galeanicals.

It'll be Southgate. In a purple blazer.

Comment

Next England Boss

Welcome to the conversation Pete

Comment

Next England Boss

VTTBoscombe wrote: Just hands off Eddie
                Don't worry, the FA don't have the imagination. I think he's a superb manager. The only one to stop Leicester from playing in both league games last season (yes, I know Arsenal beat them twice but they did it by scoring more, not by shutting City down).

Comment

Next England Boss

Though Klinsmann's agent has been leaking his name as being in the frame for the England job (last week he was the "clear favorite" for Southampton according to the same source).

Comment

Next England Boss

Satchmo Distel wrote: A nation that voted to exit Europe on racist grounds is not going to "go foreign", to quote Lineker. And any overseas coach would be insane to take it.

Allardyce would be my choice, not because he will play good football but because the priority right now has to be to produce a defensive shape that can get through a last 16 game in a tournament.
                    Why would you want to give in to cultural isolationism? Lineker is only talking out of his own self-interest.

A foreign coach would not be a bad choice, provided he is comfortable in this environment. So someone with no professional experience in England could be a bad choice, but just because of the need to bridge the cultural gap, as opposed to the reasons implied by Lineker.

Pellegrini would be a great choice, but I doubt he'd leave Leicester to take the job. He reminds me a bit of Jacquet in his understated, earnest and cerebral approach to his job.

Comment

Next England Boss

That would be a good move for Klinsmann, he's facing a bit of fatigue from the US soccer community and he would get a raise in the EPL, even with the GBP hovering at $1.30.

Comment

Next England Boss

Do you mean Pellegrini or Ranieri?

Comment

Next England Boss

You mean Ranieri.
                          edit, as Ursus said.

Comment

Next England Boss

Current odds

Has Shearer been putting money on himself?

Comment

Next England Boss

Anyone care to guess whose tweets these are?

Encourage a coaching culture from grassroots level.

Stop giving jobs to ex top players, they might have been great players but coaching is a totally different skill set, it requires expertise! An expertise that has to been learned by doing the time and apprenticeships away from the pressure and spotlight of big jobs.

This culture of entitlement has to stop. Anyone can tell you what goes wrong afterwards on the tele/radio it requires very little skill. It's a reaction industry. Being a great coach is about a proactive skill set. Seeing what will come before it happens.

Most struggle with the ability to put themselves in other people's shoes. They see the world from their perspective. That is a huge hindrance in trying to be a great coach. The cultural aspect has to change. We won't be successful until it does.

England should hire best available manager. All British managers mentioned should not be even considered. It will only bring more failure. Ancelotti or Mourinho would have been perfect. Both out of a job 6 months ago. Those mentioning Hoddle are really so far away. He did OK in 1998 WC but he's been out of the game a long time and having worked with him at *, he is so far behind where he needs to be.

Until there is a plethora of standout candidates from these Isles, the like anyone else who wants to be successful you hire best available. That's if best available would take it. Because England job has become a graveyard. Every manager who takes it, career wise dies: Hodgson, McClaren, Eriksson, Capello, Hoddle, Venables, Pearce(caretaker) and Graham Taylor. Only Bobby Robson after Italia 90 went forward.
                              Then he has retweeted Raymond Verheijen, director of World Football Academy:

For English football it's time to go back to basic. Get rid of the 'sport science terrorism' and start educating the football coaches better. But these clueless young sport scientists step into the football world like 'Alice in Wonderland' but with their academic arrogance. Step 1. Get coach education in England to international standards by first educating the coach educators. They are the structural problem.

Comment

Next England Boss

I thought it was Shearer, but then I saw the word 'plethora'

Comment

Next England Boss

Then I thought Redknapp, but the thought of him retweeting something made me laugh.

Comment

Next England Boss

Carniveraux Vulgarry wrote: Joey Barton?
                                    Correct!

Comment

Next England Boss

Good shout, CV.

Either him or Collymore.

Comment

Next England Boss

Alice In Wonderland?

Comment

Next England Boss

What's he on about?

Comment

Next England Boss

Please let it be Sam Allardyce or Alan Pardew.

Comment

Next England Boss

See, I think if it was either of those, there is a danger England might do well.

Comment

Next England Boss

Who wore it better?
                                                Share = Pardew
                                                Like = Allardyce

https://[video=youtube_share;ten9Mp2...?v=ten9Mp2wjhA[/video]

Comment

Next England Boss

Get coach education in England to international standards by first educating the coach educators. They are the structural problem.
                                                  That is good advice. When Germany overhauled its grassroots coaching, my brother -- a youth coach of many years experience and a pedagogue -- was involved in coaching the coach educators and coaches in his province. He was given a very specific curriculum which he and those like him were expected to follow.

The process obviously has borne fruit.

Comment

Next England Boss

Did you see how bitter 'Arry still is over not getting the job? Let it go, 'Arry, just let it go.
                                                    Venables and his pals haven't let his "hopes" go.

There's no way that 'Arry gives up before that.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X