• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit-related racist incidents, pogroms, etc

Walsall.

Comment

The pigfucker just wants to let it all burn now, doesn't he?

Comment

Bloody Hell

Farage on Mcr's racist tram thugs: 'I'd say to them that if they had those feelings those feelings should not be as strong this week'

Comment

Three arrests in Manchester

http://m.rte.ie/news/2016/0628/798746-manchester-hate-crime/

Comment

He's just been interviewed on Channel 4 News, comes across as a decent guy.

Farage was also on Channel 4 News and unlike yesterday condemned the attacks but said the abuse is on both sides and it's got nothing to do with the vote. He's scum.

Comment

Confronting street racism and the law

Could be useful for anyone who finds themselves in a 'bystander' situation.

Comment

A good friend and work colleague of Mrs. Calvert had to suffer this...

http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/be...ni-15-11537919

Comment

Fascism arrives as your friend.

Farage and his ilk have a lot to answer for. I sincerely hope that one day they have to.

Comment

Apparently some folk are wearing a safety pin on their clothing to show they are sound.
                    e.g.
                    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/how-safetypin-simple-way-show-11539266

Comment

According to the local paper, a man born and brought up in my neighbourhood was racially verbally abused on the street round the corner from where I live.

Comment

"Racist incident" reported between parents reported at the school attached to our daughter's nursery. In cosmopolitan, pleased-with-itself east London.

Comment

Stories of abuse and a knife left on the doorstep of a refugee family in East Cardiff.

A Belgian shopworker was telling me how upset she was about the vote yesterday. The Friday morning a shop customer told her how delighted he was about the vote as now 'they can all be sent back'.

Yep. Leave voters weren't racist at all.

Comment

I've not heard of any "racist incidents" here in dee-dah land per se, but I have heard of people feeling increasingly uneasy, with people being given "the look" etc.

And we've got our own share of knuckle-draggers, so it won't surprise me if we hear anything.

All very worrying.

Comment

Coventry:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-36670691

Comment

Don't worry, things can only get better

Very Real Concerns can never, ever, ever, ever be sated.

Comment

Swedish woman in York told to "fuck off back to your own country"

That's York, former major Viking trading centre with the highest percentage of inhabitants with Scandinavian DNA in the UK outside of Scotland.

Comment

On the one hand, we shouldn't get too bent out of shape over this. The actual rise in incidents is very low. There has been widespread condemnation of the incidents and several people are stepping up to try and sort it out.

The plus points are:
                                    - this is being firmly linked to the Leave vote, which is probably making some people think again about the Leave vote and the kind of people they have sided with.
                                    - when racists vocalise their racism that makes them easier to identify and act against.

Neither of those are any comfort to individuals who have been abused of course. They need our care and support.

I think quite a few middle class people have been shocked by how quickly the racism bubbles up and out when it is legitimised. People who genuinely thought the referendum was about sovereignty are starting to see beyond that to more important issues.

Comment

I think it's pretty terrifying. What happens when they realise they've been conned?

Comment

Geoffrey de Ste. Croix wrote: Don't worry, things can only get better

Very Real Concerns can never, ever, ever, ever be sated.
                                        I would never, ever get tired of kicking that face.

Yes, yes, I know. Violence is never the answer.

Apart from all those times when it definitely is.

Comment

Patrick Thistle wrote: On the one hand, we shouldn't get too bent out of shape over this.
                                          Oh, we really fucking should.

Comment

I'm liking the cut of Toby's gib(bet), personally.

Comment

Me too

Comment

Carniveraux Vulgarry wrote: https://twitter.com/khalilxviii/status/748900805059674113
                                                "If your Muslim"....you'll probably have better grammar than most white racist cunts

Comment

Freedland cites a 500 percent increase in reports of hate crimes.

That's appalling, and I fear that immigrants will only suffer more when the racists realise that they have been conned.

Comment

Satchmo Distel wrote:
                                                    Originally posted by Carniveraux Vulgarry
                                                    https://twitter.com/khalilxviii/status/748900805059674113
                                                    "If your Muslim"....you'll probably have better grammar than most white racist cunts
                                                    Silly!

His phone number is on that.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X