So, how did you vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, how did you vote?

This scares me, given how wrong we are every year predicting Eurovision voting.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Going to go after work. Remain, obvs.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Is this a thread to flush out Luke R so we can take turns lambasting him for his UKIP stance? OTF is Pauline Kael like in its approach to political matters so I'm presuming it wasn't expected to be anything but a landslide amongst the voters here.

Remainers, vote early and vote often.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Given the batshit cuckoo output of a significant amount of Leave social media, I cannot wait for the conspiracy theories which will begin around 4am when it is clear Remain has won.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

It was pretty quiet at my polling station, but hard to compare as I went in the evening for the local elections. For those, there were two people in the queue, whereas there were none today at 8.45 (though there was a steady trickle of people into the polling station).

Comment

So, how did you vote?

In. There are many reasons for my decision, but the main one is that I don't trust this Government to fill the gaps in funding that will be left by our withdrawal.

A Remain vote in my constituency feels a bit like pissing into the sea, but I'm glad I did my duty. I've spoken to someone monitoring polling stations who reckons turnout looks much higher than the general election. If that turnout is reflected across the country, it could be good for Remain.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

N est à? wrote: Are you in a place that leans strongly one way or t'other benjm?
                West London, so hopefully towards Remain. This ward has the only three Lib Dem councillors in Ealing: let's hope that their voters subscribe to the full package and not just the (unsuccessful) attempt to stop the march of the wheelie bins.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

A Remain vote in my constituency feels a bit like pissing into the sea, but I'm glad I did my duty. I've spoken to someone monitoring polling stations who reckons turnout looks much higher than the general election. If that turnout is reflected across the country, it could be good for Remain.
                  Doesn't sound reassuring. Sounds a bit like big Leave areas are seeing high turnout, Remain places not so much.

'The best lack all conviction,
                  the worst are full of passionate intensity'

Comment

So, how did you vote?

N est à? wrote:
                    Doesn't sound reassuring. Sounds a bit like big Leave areas are seeing high turnout, Remain places not so much.

'The best lack all conviction,
                    the worst are full of passionate intensity'
                    I suppose you're right. Shit.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Yes, I've read this theory in a few places this morning. The people who usually don't vote are the ones who think everything is shit - and they would go for Leave.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Also bear in mind that although it's pissing down in London it's red hot here (finally).

Comment

So, how did you vote?

I'll be going this afternoon. I'm not sure if an apparently high turnout round here is good or bad - the last time the good people of Lancashire and Cumbria had a say on Europe, in 2014, we elected 3 UKIP MEPs out of 8 seats. But that was on a very low overall turnout.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Positive news from OTF's best pals "the markets" (who have commissioned a very significant volume of private polls and exits), as both the FTSE and the Pound (vs USD) are up 1.4 percent.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Oo, is it one of those gastrofoodie markets?

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Off now to do the necessary

Can't stop whistling Ode To Joy, for some reason

Hope I'm able to control that walking past the Kippers.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Big Boobs and FIRE! wrote: Had to take the day off work and get the train back from Sowerby to Swindon as I didn't realise you had to vote in the constituency you are registered in.

I normally wouldn't have bothered but the leave campaign are such a hideous bunch of cretinous biggots that I am doing it for principle rather than it actually making any difference.

If In wins by one vote, it may just have been worth it.
                                  Well, my principled stand against the brexit started off well, getting the early train off Sowerby, on my way back down south to vote.

However, at Leeds, the thought of a 10 hour round trip was overahadowed by the realisation that I don't really give a shit about the outcome, I was only really voting against the unpleasentness of the individuals who support leave.

So instead I find myself here.....

.....enjoying this.

I will of course, feel really bad if a single vote decides the referendum, but hey ho, the opportunity to watch Collingwood, whilst tucking into some Admiral Collingwood (rind washed in Newcastle Brown).

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Out.

I've really struggled with this one: a miserable choice of 2 shit sandwiches - but I'm a lexiter.

Otf will be pleased to learn I'm in a 2:1 minority in our household, though. And I'm fully expecting Remain to win by about 54:46.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

I'm not sure turnout figures will tell us anything really. In the end though the more people that vote the more definitive the result is, whatever it may be, so I think it's much better if the turnout is high.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Remain.

We were the 24th and 25th voters as of 7.05am at our home counties polling station, which elects a Tory as MP by a landslide every five years (although some Lib Dem councillors were voted in last time around. All were amazed).

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Remain. To do otherwise would be to hand over everything to those who really do need it: Rupert Murdoch, the Rothermeres, the Barclay Brothers and IDS.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Drove back from our Dales holiday cottage and we both voted remain. Now back to peace and tranquility and away from those nauseous arseholes who like to push their "facts" on Facebook.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Calvert wrote: Off now to do the necessary

Can't stop whistling Ode To Joy, for some reason

Hope I'm able to control that walking past the Kippers.
                                              Sing it instead!

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Central Rain wrote: In.

Did my usual thing of staring at the paper to make sure I hadn't put the cross in the wrong place.
                                                I thought that was just me.

Remain.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

In. Obviously.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

About two hours ago, in the correct way.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X