So, how did you vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, how did you vote?

I suppose the alternative is that if you do know any leavers then maybe persuade them not to bother voting.
    I tried to tell my leave mother and step-father that they should not be voting for their own views but for mine instead, as they might not be around to see the eventual outcome of such a folly. I don't think they were convinced.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

In for a centime.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Sits wrote:
        Originally posted by Muukalainen
        No vote for me, unfortunately; it would have been IN.
        This
        Same goes for me. If they'd let me have a vote, it would have been IN.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

In.

Did my usual thing of staring at the paper to make sure I hadn't put the cross in the wrong place.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Tubby Isaacs wrote: No vote because not at home, not time for a postal vote.
            Not time?

Sorry, keeping to topic, In.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Sorry, my vote is between me and the ballot box. Let's just say I exercised my democratic right to tell all the nutters in this country to shut up.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Central Rain wrote: In.

Did my usual thing of staring at the paper to make sure I hadn't put the cross in the wrong place.
                It was the top one, wasn't it?

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Postal In

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Have felt awful all day. Why are we doing this shit? (Yes, I know there is a 100+ page thread about that).

Voted Remain, though it really does feel like an exercise in futility.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

I voted Leave...me alone you racist fuckers, I want to stay in the EU.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Just remember, if you're thinking of voting 'leave', make sure to put a cross in both boxes so your vote counts as double.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Should you (we) be discussing this now the polls are open?

If an outsider should stumble along and read some of these posts, they may be swayed in their vote, so what we're doing may be interpreted as canvassing?

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Voted remain, revolutionary catastrophism not my bag really.

A bit less busy at the polling station than for London mayor last month, although that might be because with a much simpler voting system, the throughput is faster. Didn't really put my mind at rest though. The rain has abated for a bit.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

If their vote hasn't already been swayed by the vitriol, bile or occasional reason we've been deluged with over the last few months I doubt a few faceless in/out posts here are going to make any difference at all.

Edit: to Guy

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Kevchenkeau wrote:
                                Originally posted by Central Rain
                                In.

It was the top one, wasn't it?
                                Yes. Hopefully.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Guy Profumeau wrote: Should you (we) be discussing this now the polls are open?

If an outsider should stumble along and read some of these posts, they may be swayed in their vote, so what we're doing may be interpreted as canvassing?
                                  I understand that only reps of parties can't canvass, lots of people are still blogging etc, Zelo Street for example has just posted...

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Crusoe wrote: If their vote hasn't already been swayed by the vitriol, bile or occasional reason we've been deluged with over the last few months I doubt a few faceless in/out posts here are going to make any difference at all.

Edit: to Guy
                                    But I thought we were among the nation's premier "opinion formers"?

Comment

So, how did you vote?

I prefer "thought leader".

Comment

So, how did you vote?

johnr wrote:
                                        Originally posted by Guy Profumeau
                                        Should you (we) be discussing this now the polls are open?

I understand that only reps of parties can't canvass, lots of people are still blogging etc, Zelo Street for example has just posted...
                                        And of course, telling people how you voted isn't canvassing in an case.

Me?

But then you probably all already knew that.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

In.

It's buzzing down at our polling station, now and earlier on. Also the mystery of the Portakabin which appeared two streets away a few weeks ago has been solved: it's another polling station.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

In - If the day ever came that I found myself on the same side of a debate as Farage the Fascist I think I would have to give myself a severe beating

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Like ad hoc, I've been out of the country too long to have a vote (longer than 15 years), though I understand that this unconscionable disenfranchisement is now subject to a legal challenge. My Mum went to vote at 7.15am and was told there'd already been 18 people in, so based on this anecdotal evidence from rural Lincolnshire, it should be a high turnout (normally she's first - she's an early riser). She voted IN, though I was subject to a lunch with her and some of her 75-year-old plus friends a few weeks ago, and she was the only Bremainer. Sample quote from the cream of Lincolnshire's retired intellectual community: "Well bloody Merkel only went and let all the bloody foreigners in, didn't she."
                                              Nice to know that these people get a say in our future.

Still, I feel optimistic that, in the end, the majority of British people are too conservative to be radically conservative, and that Remain will edge it.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

and was told there'd already been 18 people in, so based on this anecdotal evidence from rural Lincolnshire, it should be a high turnout (normally she's first - she's an early riser).
                                                Oh, great

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Polling station was really busy in Poplar.

Remain.

Comment

So, how did you vote?

Are you in a place that leans strongly one way or t'other benjm?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X