No announcement yet.

Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GDPR switchover appears to have sent Twitter into a perpetual loop, impossible to load it today.

Comment

Wondered why you weren't posting much...

Comment

Just had a short conversation with a hero of mine on twitter. I feel like I've arrived

https://twitter.com/adhockley/status/1037280138126417920

Comment

Time for the Blue Check, Andy

Comment

In which Giles Coren confirms himself as, truly, an arsehole for the ages (in tweets since deleted, presumably on legal advice).

Comment

He's not well, is he?

Comment

I strongly suspect that he's not helping himself with his choice of recreational substances.

Comment

It’s amazing to see intelligence and wit not just fail to be inherited but go completely to the other sibling.

Comment

Along with the looks.

Comment

https://twitter.com/chriswaddle93/status/1046185077892403201

Comment

That's not even the most arseholish thing Coren has published this weekend. He seems to be worried that Liddle is outdoing him.

https://twitter.com/dsquareddigest/status/1046347987730010113

Comment

And I'm suspended from Twitter

Makes me wonder which cunt I've called a cunt without the protection of a blue tick has caused that.

Last three I can remember are

Kate Hoey for associating with racists.

Angela Smith for being a racist.

Ian Hislop for repeating the immunisation causes autism lie.

Still.

No great loss.

Comment

This is a brilliant piece of trolling.

Comment

Turns out it's because I pointed out Hislop and his entire editorial team are cunts who promoted the lie that MMR vaccination causes autism.

oh well.

like I said.

never mind.

Comment

Twitter is a giant waste of time, there is no discussion at all.

Comment

Hislop and his smug shiny boarding school face can fuck right off. The only thing more reactionary and less funny than Private Eye jokes is the piss poor Irish knock off in the Phoenix.

Comment

I reply to one tweet discussing, of all things, the electoral prospects of Galician nationalists, and suddenly acquire a number of followers from that region, so surprisingly invested in the result of that party on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                      Twitter is a giant waste of time, there is no discussion at all.
                                      Yep

They should all come over here to ranters corner on otf...

Comment

And it appears I'm back in the room.

The clock will be ticking as we speak...

Comment

Dredging this thread back up again as I have a twitter question.
                                          I'm not a tweeter (?) but I wind up there somewhat frequently these days, mostly because of links on OTF.
                                          How do people navigate it?
                                          Almost every time I follow a link from here, I have to click around a couple of times before I really get what I think people are linking to - links to twitter threads almost invariably send me to the middle of the thread, with a bunch of parts missing, then I have to click on one of the tweets that I can see to get everything, sometimes I have to do this a couple of times to get the whole thread. Sometimes there's a "show this thread" button at the bottom of a tweet, sometimes there isn't and even when there is sometimes it still doesn't show the whole thread. Often people put tweets that link to articles on here, if I want to get to the article sometimes I can click directly on that, sometimes I can't until I've clicked on the tweet again and only then the link becomes operational (this appears to be happening more frequently recently).

Comment

Is it happening across devices and browsers?

I use it a good deal, have the app installed on all of my devices, and generally don't have these issues.

Try clicking the url that automatically appears below a tweet on here rather than the embedded version and see if that helps.

The "show this thread" functionality may work better in the app itself, but I don't recall having issues with it on a laptop.

Comment

I've mostly been using the one device and browser lately (safari, mac), so can't say if it happens elsewhere. As I said, I don't tweet myself so don't feel the need to install the app. I'll try your suggestion and see if that helps.

Comment

If you are using a Mac, the app should be irrelevant

See if the link brings you more joy

Comment

Following links to Twitter from OTF is a movable feast. at least for me. Some links work, others don't. I find this on both my Mac at home (or at least I did until I got booted and can't log back in) and at work (Windows desktop). Once you are in a thread, that's Twitter for you. It gets very hard to follow threads as a reply might get 100 replies itself, sending you down a different rabbit hole. The link within tweets was working strangely on Friday (as you say you had to in effect click twice on the tweet to activate any links) but was back to normal on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
                                                    It gets very hard to follow threads as a reply might get 100 replies itself, sending you down a different rabbit hole.
                                                    That's my main difficulty with it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X