Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
      Trending on Twitter right now

Alan Bennett

Gary Barlow

There's good news, and bad news.
      They've both died?

Comment

Has it all gone a little bit pear for everyone else following the "upgrade" to 280 characters?

Comment

Well, there is twice as much bullshit on there, if that is what you mean.

Comment

It must be the accounts I follow, but I'm finding very few longer tweets in my feed

Comment

Just feels wrong....

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                It must be the accounts I follow, but I'm finding very few longer tweets in my feed
                Me too. Does the functionality require someone wanting to post longer tweets to do so from the website? If so, don't most people use apps which currently preclude that?

Comment

No, I can post from app, the character counter has been replaced by a little circle that fills up when you type...

Comment

Same

Comment

I got a new blue tick follower last night, Alfons López Tena. His profile reads: "Jurist. Spanish Judiciary Council's & Catalan Parliament's former member. Writes in @businessinsider—@InPRA—@ctxt_es—@myfairobserver—… "

I'm not sure why he thinks I'm worth following.

Comment

Re 280 characters: As someone who has had it for longer than others, I can tell you that we have become so accustomed to mentally composing tweets to fit 140 characters, that it actually takes more effort than you think to go longer. Twitter has already trained us.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                          I got a new blue tick follower last night, Alfons López Tena. His profile reads: "Jurist. Spanish Judiciary Council's & Catalan Parliament's former member. Writes in @businessinsider—@InPRA—@ctxt_es—@myfairobserver—… "

I'm not sure why he thinks I'm worth following.
                          Have you been tweeting about either Barça or Joan Laporta?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catala...r_Independence

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight shadow View Post
                            No, I can post from app, the character counter has been replaced by a little circle that fills up when you type...
                            Looking more closely, it's like that on Tweetdeck (which I use a bit on a desktop) but Tweetbot (which I use a lot on the iPad) is still at 140 characters.

Comment

The Tweetbot developers said it would be there in a couple of days.

Comment

It’s available now, in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                  Well, there is twice as much bullshit on there, if that is what you mean.
                                  Nah.

I found it difficult to "quote tweet" and enter replies.

Comment

Yeah, that is immediately helpful.

Comment

I think Stephen King sums it up well.

Comment

In today's "oh dear, what a shame" news, Yaxley-Lennon et al lose their verification.

Too bad, so sad.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeed/status/951211296778682368

Comment

From what I can gather on Twitter, it seems that thousands of right-wing Twits are losing their followers...

Any ideas?

Comment

Botmageddon

Comment

From what I've been able to gather, Jack is cracking down on Russian bots. It's about time.

Comment

The most amusing thing is that these people are losing followers, yet claiming it is inhibiting their freedom of speech.

Comment

Someone called it "The Crapture".

Comment

Working...
                                                    X