No announcement yet.

Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was always under the impression that anyone with more than a few dozen Twitter followers had perhaps a third of our following made up of bots. Not all Russian political troll bots, obviously, but bots of some description.

Certainly when I get new followers I do random profile checks and there are a fair few that make me think, '... okay, is that a person, really?' and I'm not a right wing hate tweeter. I just tweet about mostly crap football and occasionally tell people what I'm cooking for dinner.

Comment

I usually just call someone a c*nt, and if my number stays the same (around 65, not that I care), then I am fine, as I usually warn actual people there may be some swearing.

Comment

I'm not sure I would know how to go about finding out how many people follow me on twitter. I presume not very many at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
          I'm not sure I would know how to go about finding out how many people follow me on twitter. I presume not very many at all.

Comment

Lumme

Comment

Well, the cull seemed to upset a certain Mr Vance and Mr Watson, so all's good.

Comment

Just look at your profile homepage, ad hoc. The number's on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Just look at your profile homepage, ad hoc. The number's on there.
                  Yeah, but I'm not sure where that is. The profile homepage I mean. I never use the twitter website, just tweetdeck. (I did find it now, by finding a tweet I;d been mentioned in and clicking on my own name)

Comment

I don't think Tweetdeck has a front page, as such - it only comes with the desktop website. (I'm AFK right now so can't tell you the best way to get to there other than to click anywhere that your username or avatar appear.)

Has anyone else been shedding followers recently? I've lost about a hundred over the last three months or so, and I don't know whether Twitter has just been sweeping out bots or whether I've started to bore people at an even higher rate than I used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                      Stalker!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                        Stalker!
                        Of course, with ad being 75, homosexual, and lots of nudes on his profile.

Please! When I stalk, I don't get caught.

Incidentally, how did you like the bouquet?

Comment

Fucks sake. I'm only 73.

Comment

OK.

Why is "Len Goodmans'…" a thing on twitter at the moment?

Comment

This is an amusing thread

https://twitter.com/buybritishmilk/status/985890940484247552?s=21

Comment

That’s the best thing ever.

Comment

That is very funny.

Comment

I semi-skimmed that thread and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

I almost creamed myself.

Comment

I wonder if it is actually a very clever marketing campaign. I hope it's for real though.

Comment

It’s phoney, alas.

Comment

Oh dear, ad hoc, you've lost some followers since 22/2 - you're down to 2,679.

Comment

I might have to end it all

Comment

I am sure that I am not the only one who immediately thought of FF after this exchange

Comment

Ugh. We need @BrandsSayingBae to come back.

Comment

Warning: Not Safe For Sanity

Comment

Working...
                                                    X