• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed Sheeran Plagiarism Claim

In response to the note above about Oasis, here's Liam's stylistic theft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmC5m0t8yp8

Comment

it can't be any worse than a thread of old farts like us castigating the Youth of Today for not knowing the genius of Miles and more.
      Just as well nothing remotely like that has actually happened on this thread, then.

Comment

caja-dglh wrote: People associated with Marvin Gaye continue their effort to kill music.

If you can sue someone for having the same drumbeat music is in ruins. We will be on to using the same chord at the start of a four chord sequence soon.
        What's going on? They've got to give it up, surely.

Comment

MsD wrote: What's going on? They've got to give it up, surely.
          You won't find me resorting to this. Mercy, mercy me.

Comment

Ed has held the top two positions in the singles chart for the last 4 weeks. Taking the piss on a grand scale. The Beatles would have released a double A side instead of this blatant chart manipulation.

Comment

Unless I'm very much mistaken, Justin Bieber's entire album was clogging up the 'singles' chart a few months back, including, at one point, all of the top three positions - something that had never happened before in the UK hit parade. But, as we've recently mused, it neither means nor represents very much any more.

Comment

Ed Sheeran is shit

Comment

Link dunt work?

Comment

Works for me.

Comment

Same here. In both senses.

Comment

Typically, the MOR megalomaniac has parked his tanks on the lawn of the traumatic advert thread with a dire ketchup pitch. He'll annex Books next if we don't make a stand.

Comment

The chorus of Belinda Carlisle's Heaven is a Place On Earth sounds identical to Bon Jovi's You Give Love A Bad Name.

Comment

Originally posted by DPDPDPDP View Post
                            The chorus of Belinda Carlisle's Heaven is a Place On Earth sounds identical to Bon Jovi's You Give Love A Bad Name.
                            Don't hear it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post

Don't hear it myself.
                              I remember say this to my brother the first time I heard BC sing Heaven. He said rubbish. The courts agreed that there was sufficient likeness to justify some of Heaven's royalties going to JBJ. To me the two choruses sound identical.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                Typically, the MOR megalomaniac has parked his tanks on the lawn of the traumatic advert thread with a dire ketchup pitch.
                                That is a quite extraordinary sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                  That is a quite extraordinary sentence.
                                  Quite extraordinary how?

Comment

Orbital saw enough similarities between ver Jove and Belinda to fold samples from both tracks into live versions of "Halcyon" (from 5:50 onwards on the below YT link):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6pUyxcKrRQ

https://open.spotify.com/track/10JxDt9tQHUDiIpaUGLpMu?si=oqaaNOghQzmRb8kuVP4PPA

Not far off bang to rights, IMO.

Comment

I'll Take You There by Staple Sisters has the same intro as Liquidator by Harry J and the All Stars.

Comment

I find Ed Sheeran hilarious.
                                        The video of "Shape of you" is hilarious on so many levels.

Comment

(Ed Sheeran is 'laughable' rather than 'hilarious'.)

In further 'soundalike' news, the latest Black Keys single...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCYsY5B8hcQ

...is basically Flying High by Morgan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13CYcVUnLU0

...however, neither artist is of sufficient profile for this to go legal.

Comment

Working...
                                          X