Will 'the band' be banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will that bunch of cloth-eared monkeys on the brass section at England's friendlies be banned for the matches in France, a la some of the recent international tournaments? I do hope so!

What a fucking terrible, off-key racket they make! It's like they've been trained by Les Dawson in full 'piano' mode. God, I hate them - I reach for the remote whenever they start up!

(edit: This should have gone in the 'Euro' board really, shouldn't it? Oh well! If the admins feel like moving it, that would be great. Thanks.)

YES YES and THRICE YES.

And not just banned by, or from, French games either. They should be banned from fucking Wembley. I'd have them killed by impaling them on their fucking instruments and then stuck on spikes outside the ground as a warning to potential imitators.

Comment

Surely EU employment law has to kick in here?

How can these talentless atonal wankers be allowed to ply their trade, given they are not professionally qualified?

Another reason to vote Bremain!

Comment

Rogin le fan du fauteuil wrote: YES YES and THRICE YES.

And not just banned by, or from, French games either. They should be banned from fucking Wembley. I'd have them killed by impaling them on their fucking instruments and then stuck on spikes outside the ground as a warning to potential imitators.
        If I ruled the World, I'd ban the fuckers from oxygen.

Comment

There's something about not very good musicians that makes them think everyone else wants to hear them play!

Comment

Rogin le fan du fauteuil wrote: YES YES and THRICE YES.

And not just banned by, or from, French games either. They should be banned from fucking Wembley.
            I usually hate them when they're playing at Hillsborough. The way they drone on almost mockingly when the ground's half-full and we're losing 2-0, or the way they play over chants with a different song when it is full. A tiresomely self-centred group of people.

However, they were actually really good at the play-off final last weekend. For once, they realised the event wasn't about them and knitted together the pockets of chants.

If only they could be like that permanently...

Comment

I always look forward to hearing them parp their way through GSTQ and Rule Brittania. It serves as a good reminder to always support England's opponents.
              Could've sworn I heard them knock out No Surrender a while back as well as the usual tiresome WWII-related nonsense

Comment

No Surrender is one of their favourites, yes, As is the Dambusters theme tune, and the theme from the Great Escape.

They are utter fucking excrement. But probably likely to be interviewed in a jovial manner by Dan Walker on Breakfast TV at some point during the finals.

Comment

Weren't they sponsored by The Sun too?
                  Maybe they were just wearing those white plastic bowlers because they're a bunch of utter tools.

Comment

I don't think they were at Wembley tonight.

Comment

Looks like we're not the only ones to feel this way disposed towards them: this Facebook page has already been 'liked' by at least two prominent OTFers (and now by me, also).

Comment

I wish someone would be brave enough to squirt washing up liquid into their instruments.

Comment

Thierry Ennui wrote:

However, they were actually really good at the play-off final last weekend. For once, they realised the event wasn't about them and knitted together the pockets of chants.
                          Funnily enough I couldn't hear them at the play off final, I only discovered they'd been there when I watched the "highlights" back on Channel 5. So I really enjoyed them too that day.

I think it's fair to say that the feelings of most Wednesdayites towards them ranges between "dislike" and "utterly despise".

Comment

Newsthump hits the nail on the head.

Comment

Replace with the vuvuzela, no doubt.

Comment

I can't see how they're any more loud, self-obsessed and annoying than any other Sheffield Wednesday fans...

Comment

Hopefully they'll be classed as potential weapons.

The instruments, not the fans.

Comment

The night they drove old dicks down

Comment

Those fuckers (or a version of them) are currently 'performing' at the England women's game against Serbia.

I've had to turn over and watch Can't Touch This on BBC1. It's utter shit but my TV screen isn't in danger.

Comment

Mr Shit wrote: Hopefully they'll be classed as potential weapons.

The instruments, not the fans.
                                        Well, the band have already fulfilled their potential to be absolute weapons.

Comment

I note that 'the band' haven't been at the Sport Aid match.

Why's that, then, band?

Instead there's just the relatively tuneful and soothing chorus of vuvuzelas. Ahhhhhhhh!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X