Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's an idea - make fans carry ID cards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36428309

Mr Matheson said he was "encouraged" by the initial response of the SFA, but warned: "Let me be absolutely clear. The Scottish government is prepared to act if Scottish football isn't.

What, politics in football? In Scotland? Surely not. To be fair when you read the deflection piece the police put out a few days after the cup final it's no surprise politicians are taking an interest because the police are clearly lying muppets.

So how does Strict Liability work, is the home club responsible for the behaviour of away fans? What could possibly go wrong there if that's the case.

Comment

AMMS wrote: What, politics in football? In Scotland? Surely not. To be fair when you read the deflection piece the police put out a few days after the cup final it's no surprise politicians are taking an interest because the police are clearly lying muppets.

So how does Strict Liability work, is the home club responsible for the behaviour of away fans? What could possibly go wrong there if that's the case.
      I'd not object to "strict liability" in England. That way the home club, organising body, licensing authority,and the local police would be responsible for the safety and welfare of the visiting supporters.

Comment

Hang on AMMS - are you suggesting that Glasgow Police are perhaps not a play strictly by the rules, honest as the day is long, bunch?

Comment

Mattheson clearly has now idea what he means by Strict Liability and would appear to be doubtful that it could work.

Comment

Guy Profumeau wrote:
            I'd not object to "strict liability" in England. That way the home club, organising body, licensing authority,and the local police would be responsible for the safety and welfare of the visiting supporters.
            http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/13203110.Scottish_football_clubs_told__it_s_time_t o_follow_England__Europe_and_be_liable_for_your_fa ns/

http://www.farenet.org/news/english-fa-introduces-new-rule-act-fans-discriminatory-conduct/

Seems to suggest a form already exists in England without the sky falling down. Surely the away team would still hold ultimate blame if it's their fans being tubes? Like the teddy bears adventures in Europe (espain, romania etc). Aye and the Tims in Turkey, lest I put any azure noses out of joint.

Comment

What happened in Turkey? Not the two flare guys? (Sounds like a 70's Radio Clyde double act)

Comment

Aye that's the one. Got celtic a UEFA fine.

Comment

Guy Profumeau wrote:
                  Originally posted by AMMS
                  What, politics in football? In Scotland? Surely not. To be fair when you read the deflection piece the police put out a few days after the cup final it's no surprise politicians are taking an interest because the police are clearly lying muppets.

Aren't they currently responsible for that?
                  It's funny but when 'strict liability' is spoken about in Scotland it has nothing to do with welfare or safety and everything to do with punishment. It's embarrassing.

Comment

caja-dglh wrote: Hang on AMMS - are you suggesting that Glasgow Police are perhaps not a play strictly by the rules, honest as the day is long, bunch?
                    I don't know how you could have taken that from my post.

Comment

AMMS wrote:
                      Originally posted by Guy Profumeau
                      Originally posted by AMMS

Aren't they currently responsible for that? (1)
                      It's funny but when 'strict liability' is spoken about in Scotland it has nothing to do with welfare or safety and everything to do with punishment. (2) It's embarrassing.
                      1. You'd like to think so.

2. What a coincidence!

Comment

Working...
                      X