X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There aren't half some utter bastards about

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-36412814

It's a weird t-shirt. Clearly there are two intentions, firstly he wants to display his vile view on the event, but secondly, there's an element of "joke" to the t-shirt, sort of like those "instant wanker, just add alcohol" t-shirts.

But take the t-shirt's joke out of its context, maybe try any put an anti-tory or anti-fascist spin on it and it still fails to display a single atom of imagination, creativity, intelligence or wit.

Surely these t-shirts aren't for sale, even on the "dark web"? This tosser must have spent too long over his own sad, misguided musings and come up with this "joke" and decided to print it out on his computer, iron it onto a t-shirt and then wear it to the pub for "bantz". What a cock.

Actually, he's probably such a cock he's secretly happy to have this national attention.

Comment

Aside from the shirt's apparent witlessness and lack of even basic decency, wearing it strikes me as being a sure-fire way of getting the absolute living sh*t kicked out of oneself.

Comment

Hopefully.

Comment

steveeeeeeeee wrote:
          Surely these t-shirts aren't for sale, even on the "dark web"? This tosser must have spent too long over his own sad, misguided musings and come up with this "joke" and decided to print it out on his computer, iron it onto a t-shirt and then wear it to the pub for "bantz". What a cock.
          If anyone wanted to see the offensive wording, it's here...
          https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/s960x960/13323747_612041845623096_5699900092681474127_o.jpg

Not seen this exact t-shirt, but have spotted ones with a similar 'punchline', albeit not as moronic, outside at least one major football ground.

Comment

steveeeeeeeee wrote: It's a weird t-shirt. Clearly there are two intentions, firstly he wants to display his vile view on the event, but secondly, there's an element of "joke" to the t-shirt, sort of like those "instant wanker, just add alcohol" t-shirts.

But take the t-shirt's joke out of its context, maybe try any put an anti-tory or anti-fascist spin on it and it still fails to display a single atom of imagination, creativity, intelligence or wit.

Actually, he's probably such a cock he's secretly happy to have this national attention.
            Aha.

I was trying to work out how he could have bought this at a t-shirts printed while you wait shop.

This explains it

Comment

If his reported Twitter account isn't fake (I never know), then that T-shirt is only part of his wretchedness.

Comment

Toby Gymshorts wrote:
                Hopefully.
                Well, yes.

If anyone were even vaguely in doubt, the ungrammatical construction pretty much confirms that this tool proudly created that in his own home.

It almost makes one wonder what his thought processes must've been that day. Almost.

Comment

It's not just the one tshirt. He has a few, and a history of trolling, apparently. He's obviously obsessed.

Comment

Clearly someone with problems. I mean, I don't know much about such things at all, but I'd at least hazard that the first rule of trolling might be the carefully retaining of one's anonymity*? Like, as opposed to going out in an offensive t-shirt thereby risking being observed practising one's hobby in public. You know, on the off chance that one or two people present might have access to some kind of camera.

(*Unless one is being paid to do it by a national newspaper, obviously.)

Comment

He's a freelance/self-employed HGV driver, apparently.

Eddie Stobart's COO "reviewing" any contracts / arrangements they've got with him

Apologies. CEO, not COO

Comment

Twitter mob justice is fucking shite though.

Comment

Yeh. He is obviously horrible and messed-up, but he hasn't killed anyone and I'm also uneasy about people being prosecuted for wearing offensive t-shirts.

OTOH, if it makes people think twice before trolling or whatever he has been doing, maybe some good will come of it.

Comment

EIM wrote: Twitter mob justice is fucking shite though.
                            I agree, but there are (mis)uses of Twitter that I'd hold in greater disregard than this. If one chooses to live the life of the troll, well, Twitter 'exists' and this will be therefore be one of the hazards one faces.

Regarding the wearing of t-shirts as being an offence, I think it rather depends upon the nature of said 'offensive' message. If someone wore something of a deeply racist or homophobic nature, then this would clearly break other laws - and (one would hope) then elicit the kind of prosecution that other hate crimes might. What this guy's done is certainly a lesser offence, but, because it targets specific individuals, can unarguably be interpreted as provocative, and perhaps deemed as bullying ('likely to cause distress', as described). No, he hasn't killed anyone - but then nor do I suppose he will be prosecuted as having done so.

Comment

Yeh, to all that, but when I say "he hasn't killed anyone" I mean that the response has been a little disproportionate. Although no-one has killed him, either. :-)

And yes, his offensive shirt is targeting a group of people.

Comment

MsD wrote: Yeh, to all that, but when I say "he hasn't killed anyone" I mean that the response has been a little disproportionate. Although no-one has killed him, either. :-)

And yes, his offensive shirt is targeting a group of people.
                                How is the response disproportionate?

He's been charged, bailed, & told to appear in court on a charge of committing a public order offence.

Seems about right to me.

Comment

Public response.

Comment

MsD wrote: Public response.
                                    Trolls troll a troll?

Tomorrow's fish and chip paper.

Comment

I must admit, I too am a bit nervous about T-shirt messages becoming a public order offence. Not because I want to protect this bloke (I'd stick him in the pillory and man the rotten vegetable stand if it were down to me) but I don't like shifting grey line interpretations in law.

For example I've seen Scottish fans in London in '96 wearing "Jimmy Hill is a poof" T-shirts, which are arguably more offensive (in law), but you'd have to be a bit daft to take offence at those, really.

Comment

Guy Profumeau wrote:
                                        Originally posted by MsD
                                        Public response.
                                        Trolls troll a troll?

Tomorrow's fish and chip paper.
                                        I'm not going to keep explaining this. You found the original story, you can find out how people are reacting to it. They're not just making comments.

Comment

GCostanza wrote:
                                          Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee
                                          https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/s960x960/13323747_612041845623096_5699900092681474127_o.jpg

Not seen this exact t-shirt, but have spotted ones with a similar 'punchline', albeit not as moronic, outside at least one major football ground.
                                          "God's" should have an apostrophe.

Comment

I don't like what this chap says, and frankly, I'm not fucked about his right to say it either.

Comment

Reed John wrote:
                                              Originally posted by GCostanza
                                              Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee

"God's" should have an apostrophe.
                                              If we're being pedantic, they also spelt 'Rentokil' wrong.

Comment

He's obviously an unpleasant wanker, possibly disturbed. But being arrested by the police? Losing his job? Over a T-shirt?

And by the way, most of that list is blatantly made-up bollocks, unless the people ordering the stuff were happy to pay actual money up front, which I doubt.

Comment

Chat shit get banged. LOL.

As EIM said, Twitter mob justice in full effect. Shite like that is part of the reason I binned it off; well, that and the creeping feeling that I was spending way too much time getting annoyed at things I simply didn't have to read.

I've felt a lot better since, like when I stopped watching Question Time.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X