Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok cyclists, a question.

The first one.

The crossbar should join the forks/steering column?

https://www.behance.net/gallery/35437979/Velocipedia

Ok cyclists, a question.

(and when there's an answer, I'll put it in one of the "art" threads, because it is very good.)

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

It's missing the lower tubes that run between the pedals and rear cog.

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

I saw these a little while ago, and loved them. I was baffled by how so many people thought there was nothing wrong with a bike which had some absolutely fundamental bits missing, though (and there are some of them that are far worse than the missing chainstays in that top one).

This one was drawn by a 19-year-old, for crying out loud:

And the designer of this one is 32:

This one looks like it would ride very uncomfortably (for about five seconds, because collapsing into pieces:

But my favourite one is this, because who needs to be able to turn the front wheel at all (and because I just love the extraneous flag)?

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

Haha, hadn't noticed this bit before...

Fun facts:

Some diversities are gender driven. Nearly 90% of drawings in which the chain is attached to the front wheel (or both to the front and the rear) were made by females. On the other hand, while men generally tend to place the chain correctly, they are more keen to over-complicate the frame when they realize they are not drawing it correctly.

One of the most frequent issues for participants was not knowing exactly how to describe their job in short.

The most unintelligible drawing has also the most unintelligible handwriting. It was made by a doctor.

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

Kevchenko wrote: It's missing the lower tubes that run between the pedals and rear cog.
            Yep, missing the chainstays.

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

Draw two triangles next to each other, one point up the other point down. Add all the fiddly bits, like chains, brakes, front forks, etc. Should be reasonably close.

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? And yet... click the link in the OP. The handful I've posted above are just a small sample. And they're all beautiful in their own way.

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

Depends if you have the engineer mindset or not. The one that says triangles are the best.

I never look at bikes, personally. I haven't owned one in something like 25 years, and last rode one nearly 20 years ago (and it took three days to physically recover from doing so!).
                  Basically, whilst I teenager, I skidded whilst cycling down an A road, was coming off so deliberately threw myself towards the gutter as I was terrified of going under the wheels of the traffic and thought "This is a fucking stupid idea". I've not changed my mind any since.

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

I wish these all existed so I could try and have a go on them. It'd be amazing fun.

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

Until I got hurt.

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

I can actually draw a reasonable bike, because a few years back I got a bit anxiously aware that I couldn't draw one to save my life, and might be required to do exactly that at some point. So, I practiced, and if we were in a life-threatening situation that required someone to draw a bike, perhaps to scan in into an app and print it on a 3D printer and cycle for help, I'm your woman.

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

Someone else would have to pump the tyres up, though.

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

A hand-drawn bike with a well-pumped set of tyres, yesterday.

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

Gold tyres! Squeeee!

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

Cannondale actually has a model with a fork that looks like that, with only one side, with it connected to the front hub.

These all make me laugh, but if someone asked me to draw what it looks like under my car's hood or even try to guess how my car works, I'd be in the same boat.

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

Incandenza wrote: Cannondale actually has a model with a fork that looks like that, with only one side, with it connected to the front hub.
                                  Yep. They haven't done the same thing with the whole frame, though (although I'm sure there's a manufacturer that has).

These all make me laugh, but if someone asked me to draw what it looks like under my car's hood or even try to guess how my car works, I'd be in the same boat.
                                  That's part of the genius, of course (although bikes are in far more open view, far more frequently, than car engines).

Comment

Ok cyclists, a question.

These are brilliant. I totally lost it looking through them last night, tears streaming. Glad I wasn't in the office.

Incandenza wrote: if someone asked me to draw what it looks like under my car's hood or even try to guess how my car works, I'd be in the same boat
                                    You are confused.

Comment

Working...
                                    X