The Ginger Ale Horse Culling 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After not picking a winner nor a placed horse since 2010 (in fact, in that time three of my selections have died during the race), this year I have gone for (all 50p each way)

Many Clouds
    Boston Bob
    Holywell
    Sir Des Champs
    The Druids Nephew

So at least one of them is going to be in a Tesco lasagne by tomorrow morning ...

My tip of The Last Samuri has gone favourite, which pretty much wrecks his chances. Nominative determinists may be swayed by Martin McGuinness backing Unioniste!

Comment

Holywell and Druid's Nephew each way. If the latter wins, I'm hoping the winning enclosure will look like a Polyphonic Spree gig.

I fear Many Clouds, but whenever I've backed the bugger it's lost, and it wins when I don't.

Comment

Holywell one of the first fallers.

Comment

No horses culled in this year's running, thankfully.

And, in other wonderful news, my £2 each way on Rule the World has set me up for a lovely Saturday night.

Comment

johnr wrote: No horses culled in this year's running, thankfully.

And, in other wonderful news, my £2 each way on Rule the World has set me up for a lovely Saturday night.
            Really? Four horses killed by day two of this three day cruelty-fest.
            Still, as long as you all got your bets on, eh?

Comment

My in-the-know bets pulled up, fell or generally didn't get mentioned.

My drawn out of a tupperware box at random work sweepstake pick came second, which should cover the other bets.

My rather callous stance on cruelty is that they're only horses. They're bred for meat on the continent,enduring far worse conditions than the life of luxury racehorses enjoy until they land on their head.

Comment

They're only horses
                I mean, I don't know where to start with that entire post, so I'll just leave it at Christ.

Comment

I agree with Calvert.

Comment

Working...
                  X