Great Scott? Masters 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lee, after all these years, this could finally be the day you win a major. Even put on the famous green jacket. I recommend the tight, gut accentuating, bright pink and white number. Whaddya reckon?

Comment

Diable Rouge wrote:
      Originally posted by WOM
      Langer's 114th round at The Masters. Amazing.

Smylie, old man.

Loving Speith in the lead. Just such a nice kid.

For some reason, can't warm to Johnson. He gives off the air of 'dirtbag'. Plus his association with the Gretzky clan colours my opinion.
      Thought he'd be first in the queue if Canada started its own honours system? (Gretzky, that is)
      I can't speak for all of us, but 'whiny, weepy, sniveling douchebag' comes to mind for a lot of people. And all these years after moving to the US, he continues to pop up unbidden to offer his opinion on Canadian matters. If there's one thing that rankles a lot of Canadians, it's those who've left offering us opinions on 'back home' matters.

Comment

Smylie's sliding down the board, $100,000 at a pop.

Comment

The top eleven players on the leaderboard are all under par for today. Wind has obviously died down, or they've all upped their game.

Comment

Amazing hole-in-one from Oosthuizen on 16. His ball ricochets off J.B Holmes ball and drops in, but almost knocks Holmes ball in with it, just missing by a few centimetres.

I've seen holes-in-one before where a ricochet helps one in, but never two balls sunk from the one shot from the tee.

Comment

The 16th hole, by the way, and it's traditional Sunday pin position, is one of golf's true gems.

Comment

Well now. Suddenly it's interesting.

Comment

Fuck. Even though I despise his slow play, I could have cashed in at 19/2 20 minutes ago. I'm a tit. Still worth 10 Euro to see a decent finish.

Comment

I have honestly never heard of Danny Willett.

#SPOTY!!11!

Comment

That's what I normally do when faced with water between me and the green. But I only take about 30 seconds to hit my shot.

Comment

Change your shirt, Lee. Please.

Comment

WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED?!

Comment

No social media at Augusta. Willett has just seen the leaderboard and goes for a quiet piss.

Comment

That's quite a choke.

Comment

CBS tells us that Willett is "the son of a preacher man"

Not sure what the CoE will make of that.

Comment

I'm afraid Lee Westwood is the Arsenal of majors golf.

Comment

Bother. Slowpoke Spieth might still win this.

Comment

Hell of a chip from Willett

Comment

Okay, so I stop watching/listening when Speith goes five clear. Not wanting to see some MOTD2 analysis, I turn back. The world appears to have changed...

Comment

Let's face it. If you're being chased in a major, having Westwood and Dustin Johnson breathing down your neck is not necessairily a bad thing.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote: Okay, so I stop watching/listening when Speith goes five clear. Not wanting to see some MOTD2 analysis, I turn back. The world appears to have changed...
                                            Same here, but I was watching 'Ray Donovan',

Comment

Vicarious Thrillseeker wrote:
                                              Originally posted by Gangster Octopus
                                              Okay, so I stop watching/listening when Speith goes five clear. Not wanting to see some MOTD2 analysis, I turn back. The world appears to have changed...
                                              Ha, I was watching 'Undercover' but luckily turned back over in time for Speith's meltdown.

There isn't a new series of RD already, is there?

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote:
                                                Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker
                                                Originally posted by Gangster Octopus
                                                Ha, I was watching 'Undercover' but luckily turned back over for Speith's meltdown.

There isn't a new series of RD already, is there?
                                                I'm on series 2 on Netflix.

Comment

Willett stripping down to that green shirt for the final putt threw me, I was worried he was tempting fate.

Comment

tee rex wrote: I have honestly never heard of Danny Willett.

#SPOTY!!11!
                                                    Neither had I.

Here's the top of his Wiki page:

Daniel John Willett (born 3 October 1987) is the greatest Yorkshireman to have picked up a golf club and a professional golfer who plays on the European Tour. He is known as "the anti-Speith".

Comment

Working...
                                                    X